Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Etsy

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hello ladies, i am new to Etsy and was wondering if any of you gals use it?
my mom just retired and I'm trying to help her come up with ideas to keep her busy and make some spending. she is really good at crocheting i told her about etsy but was wondering exactly how does it work? do you have good luck selling your stuff on there?
TIA
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I sell on storenvy. I've sold on Etsy before. You make an account with Etsy, open a store. Set a banner and store name. Take pictures of your items, list them. You need to figure out shipping for the items, how you will ship them, prices and proper descriptions. I did not have good luck selling there. But I also dont' have much lunch on Storenvy either. It takes a lot more than just having the store open too, you need to promote and market your store and stuff in a lot of different ways.

MonicaAnne
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Thank you I will let her know, my husband told her to just do eBay but I just dint know lol

Quoting melliburger:

I sell on storenvy. I've sold on Etsy before. You make an account with Etsy, open a store. Set a banner and store name. Take pictures of your items, list them. You need to figure out shipping for the items, how you will ship them, prices and proper descriptions. I did not have good luck selling there. But I also dont' have much lunch on Storenvy either. It takes a lot more than just having the store open too, you need to promote and market your store and stuff in a lot of different ways.

melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Unless you have a store through Ebay the fees are insane there! Not worth it to sell handmade on ebay to be really honest. THe fees on Etsy aren't bad, and Storenvy only has fees if you make a sale through their marketplace starting soon.

Quoting MonicaAnne:

Thank you I will let her know, my husband told her to just do eBay but I just dint know lol

Quoting melliburger:

MonicaAnne
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM
oh I didn't even know anything about the fees lol
thank you so much :-)

Quoting melliburger:

Unless you have a store through Ebay the fees are insane there! Not worth it to sell handmade on ebay to be really honest. THe fees on Etsy aren't bad, and Storenvy only has fees if you make a sale through their marketplace starting soon.

Quoting MonicaAnne:

Quoting melliburger:

energygirl
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I buy things on etsy....the trick is to get her storefront out there on the web.  Maybe if she crochets some hats, then find some popular blogs and have a giveaway of one free hat on the blog (which will conviniently mention the etsy sight).....put her etsy site on facebook.......etc. etc.  Ebay or etsy both have to make the items searchable....

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I don't use Etsy, I use Storenvy.com - it's free to use and totally customizable! :) I have been selling for four years, online for 3.5!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN