Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

making money???

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 16 Replies

I am having the hardest time keeping my business open do to finance issues. im getting orders and getting paid for them but because i do not have a bank account no one will cash my checks.. very aggervating and discouarging. if anyone has any ideas on payent methods i can use without a bank account please let me know.

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brock2k10
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I don't under stand why you do not have a bank account? It is not hard to open one, most banks make you have a min. amount in there which is a range of $5 to $30 dollars when you first open an account.

dalbax2
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I don't see you being successful w/o a bank acount.   Sorry.  Sounds funny to me.

jas_momof2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Yeah, that's a bit weird.  What are you doing with the checks people give you? 

nw91920
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

one of th many reasons i do not have a bank account is because of the monthly fees. i think it is stupid to have to pay to keep my money in an account.

Kelsnick23
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Try a credit union. I had one when I lived in MA that was fabulous. Free everything, the only time I had a fee was is I had over drawn. However, the manager would wave them if it was only a few dollars so I could put some money in to make it positive. Haven't been able to find a good one her in AL so maybe that's the same issue you're battling.

Unless you're one of those "screw government system banking that Feds are stealing my money and watching me through my bank account" types.
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM

One option is to not accept checks. Instead, ask for cash payment. Are people writing your business name on the checks? You shouldn't have them do that UNLESS you have a bank account for that name

nw91920
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I will try our local credit union. and no they are writing them to me personally. all our local banks want you to pay like 10 bucks a month just to keep your account open. i earn my money and im not gonna pay a fee to keep my money.

mommy4ever07
by Casey on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Just keep checking around to different banks. I have never paid a monthly fee for a bank. Alot of banks will actually give you money for opening an account with them.

maine1014
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I use a credit Union, no fees, alot of banks also offer no fee checking

melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I have never had any banking fees unless I accidentally overdrew randomly. What banks have you checked out? Honestly, it makes no sense not to have a bank account...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)