Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

A quick baby-proofing project :)

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Dai
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Whipped up a door bumper to keep Oliver from slamming his little fingers in the door. Plus it keeps it from latching shut, because he likes to go into the half bath and close the door behind him, even though he can't reach the lightswitch or operate the doorknob to let himself back out.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Good thinking! My son cant get the doorknobs open yet but goes in and climbs onto the toilet and finds trouble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Loves it!
melliburger
by Melli on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM

How cool! :)

DaiTilley
by Dai on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I figure this way, the bathroom is no big deal, but he won't hurt himself or get scared either :)

Quoting lillucky8:

Good thinking! My son cant get the doorknobs open yet but goes in and climbs onto the toilet and finds trouble.

DaiTilley
by Dai on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Thanks! :)
I don't want him hurting himself... he's gone into a mean explorer mode this week; first he figured out that he can take one of the baby gates down without a problem and tried to go right out the front door, and then he locked Matt out of the house while he was taking the garbage out!

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

Loves it!

DaiTilley
by Dai on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Thanks Melli!
He tried to go in there and close the door behind him again, but lost interest quick when he couldn't get it to close all the way. I'm hoping he doesn't figure out how to take it off for awhile!!

Quoting melliburger:

How cool! :)

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Omg that's crazy lol

Quoting DaiTilley:

I don't want him hurting himself... he's gone into a mean explorer mode this week; first he figured out that he can take one of the baby gates down without a problem and tried to go right out the front door, and then he locked Matt out of the house while he was taking the garbage out!

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

Loves it!

HIJKLM
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I NEED those!
DaiTilley
by Dai on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Yeah, he suddenly decided that independence is his new thing. Lol
Matt ran around to the sliding glass door in the back, but we had it locked, so he had to go let himself in through the garage with the code! Apparently Ollie was dancing and cracking up the whole time.

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

Omg that's crazy lol

Quoting DaiTilley:

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

Loves it!

DaiTilley
by Dai on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Lol! It was super simple to make. I just measured out the size I needed and where to leave the slits, and got started! :)
I did make sure to make it textured, for a little extra thickness (i.e. bumper power) lol

Quoting HIJKLM:

I NEED those!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN