Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your fall traditions?

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 14 Replies

Do you do a pumpkin patch trip? Apple picking? Crave jack-o-lanterns? Go to haunted houses? I know it's a ways away but was curious!

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:49 PM

we don't have any! :) We do minimal celebrating. And there's no reason for it, we just don't get into holidays much around here!

calebsmommy05
by Amy on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:38 AM
We go apple picking at a local(20 minutes from my house) orchard. I always get pictures of the kids in the pumpkin patch there. We end up with so many apples that Tucker(almost 4) and I make apple pie, apple crisp, apple bread, applesauce, apple cake.

We usually get our pumpkins from my grandfather. Then we carve them and put tea light candles in them.

We always decorate. I am so excited! It is my favorite time of the year!
jryberg
by Jaime on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Apple picking, Pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins, trick-or-treating, lots of family time! 

ZsMommy
by Heids on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Lots of decorating for both fall & Halloween-we live aside of an Elem. school and the drop off/pick up line run past our house. Kids get a kick out of it (we decorate for all holidays)

At night we have the light show and inflates (Z loves the inflates). Lol,we were "that" house everyone drove by (some nightly with their kids)

~Heids  Visit my store on Storenvy

Gypsy60
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:51 AM
When we lived in town,decorating was a big deal.Now that were in the country dh does'nt see the point .Since most of my stuff is in storage,i havnt pushed the issue. But I sure do miss it. No real tradations,sad to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaden_122308
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM

we do the pumpkin patch each year. carve pumpkins and this year will be adding a new baby to it all by halloween. 

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM

We can't do anything but Halloween candy gathering and a harvest festival...it is too hard to do with my autistic son since he is nonverbal  and wanders away. And we stopped doing jack o lanterns when he nearly cut he and I up with the knife when he tried to snatch it so he could do it himself. We are, I think, going to try a haunted house again this year. And we already went to grandma's "pumpkin patch" yesterday when we went there for our Labor Day BBQ (we always do stuff like that on the sat or sun before the holiday so everyone can relax the day of.)

alf2651
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM

We go to the pumpkin patch and to the Apple Harvest festival, where we pick apples, go on hayrides and get some very delicious apple cider donuts. DH and I usually go to Kings Dominion or Busch Gardens for Halloween as well as a couple local haunted houses and we carve jack-o-lanterns too. And of course we go trick-or-treating! 

Halloween is like our favorite holiday around here.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

angelbr
by Melissa on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM
We go to the pumpkin patch, trick or treating and carve pumpkins. I want to pick apples and figure out how to makr applesauce and apple butter to put in jars, apple butter would make a great gift!
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM

That is awesome! I can't wait to decorate our house for fall this year!!!

Quoting ZsMommy:

Lots of decorating for both fall & Halloween-we live aside of an Elem. school and the drop off/pick up line run past our house. Kids get a kick out of it (we decorate for all holidays)

At night we have the light show and inflates (Z loves the inflates). Lol,we were "that" house everyone drove by (some nightly with their kids)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)