Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Making a Halloween costume- help please

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

I want to make a costume like this for my 4yo dd. I am wanting to buy the tulle by the yard (on sale at hobby lobby and I have a coupon) anyway, I have no idea how much to buy. I have made something similar a few years ago, but I don't remember how much tulle I used. What do you think?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RobinChristine
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I am not a sewer but I think I would look at  design books  at Hobby Lobby to find something similar. Maybe even a briada or prom dress and do the math to downsize. Even if the  picture is not tulle it will give you a astarting point for how much you need. Have fun

Anniea90
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

All I can say is google. I have no idea

melliburger
by Melli on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I really have no idea!

Froglili
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I have made quite a few tutus for my daughter and a friend with two daughters. I have noticed that soo much depends on the desired length and poofiness. I always seem to use at least three yards but I like my tutus very poofy.I tie a length in every gap and for older girls it takes a full length of tulle so I only get 6  strips per yard so I have used as much as 6 yards, But again I am making them extra poofy and 2 out of 3 are pretty tall for their age. My hobby lobby is always marking tulle down to about a buck a yard so I tend to over buy a little bit, then use it anyway because I already have it.

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I am no help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaNonamus
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM

At least 3 rolls, maybe 4. More is always better, it makes for a much more full tutu. 

Worst case? Unopened rolls can be returned. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)