Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4-H Clover craft.. 2 months

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

I volunteered to be in charge of the clover group for February and March (assuming we will still be in this area). But I don't know what to do. Clovers is all the way up to 8-9. I know there is a 4 year old in the club but I don't know if there are any younger. I was thinking about getting some cheap wood picture frames and letting the kids color them with crayons, markers, or stick the foam stickers on them. But I really don't know. Any ideas?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
melliburger
by Melli on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I like the frame idea!

What about jewelry making? Get large enough beads and the 4 year old coulld participate :)

jnich4
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Actually my mom just sent me a tub of beads randomly. Perfect! Maybe for February i will get foam hearts to stick on the frames.

Quoting melliburger:

I like the frame idea!

What about jewelry making? Get large enough beads and the 4 year old coulld participate :)

Gorilla_Mama
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM

My dd1 is in 4H and her club made cards for one of their projects. DD won best of show! They were 7-5 year olds.

They just used card stock folded in half and cut to different sizes and old cards we all saved from holidays and birthdays etc. We pooled them together then they cut out the pictures or words they wanted from the cards and glued them onto the card stock. They also used a hole punch and ribbon and got decorative with it and markers if they wanted to add onto it. The kids had a blast, and all the cards turned out really cute. They entered them under the stationary category.

jnich4
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM

That is a good idea. I thought Clovers couldn't enter projects?

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

My dd1 is in 4H and her club made cards for one of their projects. DD won best of show! They were 7-5 year olds.

They just used card stock folded in half and cut to different sizes and old cards we all saved from holidays and birthdays etc. We pooled them together then they cut out the pictures or words they wanted from the cards and glued them onto the card stock. They also used a hole punch and ribbon and got decorative with it and markers if they wanted to add onto it. The kids had a blast, and all the cards turned out really cute. They entered them under the stationary category.

Gorilla_Mama
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I don't know about everywhere, but our county fair allows it. They can't show large animals until they're older but they can enter everything else.

It breaks down the some categories by age so clovers are only competing against other clovers, and the rest of the categories by years of experience.

Quoting jnich4:

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

jnich4
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:52 AM

That is how it was when I was growing up. When they told me here (different state) that clovers couldn't enter I was kind of bummed but know that he will like it anyways.

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

I don't know about everywhere, but our county fair allows it. They can't show large animals until they're older but they can enter everything else.

It breaks down the some categories by age so clovers are only competing against other clovers, and the rest of the categories by years of experience.

Quoting jnich4:

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

-JC-
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a Clover Patch leader for yearsssssssssssssssssss!!! :) 

We did: 

1. Popsicle snowflakes 
  2. tissue paper collages
  3. painted flower pots and planted something in them (which ended up being entered in the fair as their project!)
  4. pipe cleaner clovers (we used the pony beads on them too) 
  5. pony bead necklaces/bracelets

And there's also stuff in the book...which you will get around then. the kids favorite one was tracing their bodies. Then they draw their head, heart, and hands. and write what they're used for. and then make a list of things to keep them healthy. then i let them color in their life sized people! it was a huge hit. :) 

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:42 PM

You could do polymer clay beads?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)