Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

ideas for craft items that would sell.

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:06 PM
  • 9 Replies
yes I am into making doll stuff, but I also love making jewlery and handmade pocket books ,what is your suggestion on making things intresting enough to sell? or catch people's eye. and how is the best way to make jewelry ? is bakers clay a good way ? thanks.
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

make doll stuff for american girls or outfits for them that match little girls dresses

melliburger
by Melli on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I think you should make something you enjoy making and are good at. People can see the passion and work you put into your items and can see when you like the items and can also see when you're making things to simply sell.

DawnPratt23
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

make things you love, and that will bring customers.

lizard3731
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Not sure this is helpful, but I wonder how Americal Doll clothes and accessories would do.  Good luck!

Autumn19
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I make hats because i love it.
MommyOK
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I learned  in a short time...unless you make something for a special order, you have to make something that YOU love. It's hard to cater to other's taste. Be original.

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on what YOU can make that is high quality enough to sell. The internet has revolutionized online selling and people expect incredible quality products potrayed with great photography and killer product descriptions. So I would take inventory of products you can make in a cost effective manner that is high quality and there is a market for. :) People love handmade doll clothes!

pattybear156
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I do love making handmade doll clothes, and another thing I love to make is pocket books out of plastic bags from the store. I even put a zipper in the pocket book and a linner .to keep things from falling out. so those are two things I am considering to make and sell.I can make doll blankets and try and sell them wilth the pillow it comes with. I have sold my pockets books . I made two of them and sold them for $5 dollars. .i'm in the process of making a pocket book right now. to try n sell.

heldcaptiveby2
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I make homemade great smelling candles. I make them in mason jars.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)