Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

do you do homemade Christmas presents?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM
  • 26 Replies

This year I'm doing all homemade gifts except for my dd.  She will be getting homemade gifts too but im buying some too.  I'm excited but extremely nerveous about getting everything done, plus I'm embroidering all of our stockings, makeing an embroidered advent calendar and hopefully makeing a new tree skirt.  For my dd, i'm makeing her some doll "wipes" and fabric diapers for her dolls, some felt food and some jewelry.  for my Dad im makeing him a plastic canvas desk organizer (it's going to be a barn tissue box cover, a silo pencil cup and a little fenced in area for a post it note holder)  and a wooden clock I saw on pinterest, for my nieces and nephews I'm going to make plastic canvas banks and then braclets for all the women and keychains for all the males.  Ugh lol.  do you do home made gifts?  if so what are you planning to make?  oh and im bakeing a bunch of goodies for my best friend and her family lol.

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Not all homemads but I am making some.

Unpaper towels, a car seat neck strap for my Dad, swoop bags for the kids, and upcycled stockings from sweaters.

Last year I made baskets with homemade laundry detergent, sugar scrub, dryer balls, and unpaper towels.
lil_mama06
by Debbie on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I'm doing some handmade...Sounds like you have alot to do..Hope we can see pics...So far I've crocheted a blanket and doing some plastic canvas stuff... 

DawnPratt23
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I usually like to make gifts for family for the most part.  There are a few things that I can't make, movies, wii games, then I hit up the sales. I have made soaps, photo gifts. 

prego_jessi
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM

normally I might make a few handmade items, but money is extremely tight this year.  all the gifts that im makeing I already have 99% of the stuff needed to make them. 

melliburger
by Melli on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Nope. I rarely make anything for family as gifts. The majority do not appreciate it. I will handmake things for some friends though.

1hotmama87
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:55 AM

I am making some gifts this year for a few family members. I am going to paint them some coffee cups.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I'm making some gifts, but not all of them.  I'm making scarves, Xmas ornaments, bookmarks, dish towels, no-sew blankets, etc.

mommy4ever07
by Casey on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Yes the gransparents and maybe my SILs are all getting homemade gift from the kids. We had a bunch of unexpected home repairs this year so money is tight

rory10
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

That's the basic idea of what we're doing too, but I'm stumped on our 2 and 11 yr old nieces.

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I love your pretties and anything you make!!! :)

Quoting melliburger:

Nope. I rarely make anything for family as gifts. The majority do not appreciate it. I will handmake things for some friends though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)