Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

new here.

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hello all! My name is Summer and I am a mother and stepmother to two wonderful kids. I am also happily married to the man of my dreams. My stepson is 5 and is in kindergarten and my daughter is 9 months old. I am a stay at home mom so those hour long breaks I get throughout the day when my daughter is napping and when my stepson is at school I have nothing to do! (Unless the house is dirty. :p) that's why I joined this group. I have had a big interest in crafting for quite a few years now so I am excited to see what everyone is working on and share what I am doing as well. :)
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Hi Summer!  Welcome =)

melliburger
by Melli on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Hello Summer and welcome to the group! What crafts interest you the most? where do you want to start? :)

Summer-Moon
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I really enjoy most crafts but sewing has definitely interested me the most. The only problem with that is that I don't have a sewing machine and I don't know how to sew, lol.

Quoting melliburger:

Hello Summer and welcome to the group! What crafts interest you the most? where do you want to start? :)

melliburger
by Melli on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Depending on your budget, there are some very affordable sewing machines out there :) If you can't buy a new machine, you can check out craigslist or even freecycle! I've seen tons of older sewing machines at thrift stores and antique shops :)

Hand sewing, while more time consuming, is also something you could look into!

Quoting Summer-Moon:

I really enjoy most crafts but sewing has definitely interested me the most. The only problem with that is that I don't have a sewing machine and I don't know how to sew, lol.

Quoting melliburger:

DawnPratt23
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Welcome Summer, what type of crafts do you do? I work primary with digi scrapping, beads and painting. 

Summer-Moon
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I'm really hoping that my husband will surprise me with one for Christmas. I have been dropping hints! ;) I have done a little bit of hand sewing in middle school but that was years ago. I never thought of using what I learned though.

Quoting melliburger:

Depending on your budget, there are some very affordable sewing machines out there :) If you can't buy a new machine, you can check out craigslist or even freecycle! I've seen tons of older sewing machines at thrift stores and antique shops :)

Quoting Summer-Moon:

Quoting melliburger:

Summer-Moon
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I mostly do little things with the kids to keep them entertained. I plan on decorating my daughter's rooms soon though and I have found a lot of DIY's that I want to try out. I love painting. I was really into it in highschool and I hae thought about picking it up again but everytime I go to the store I never remember ot pick up any supplies for it. lol. :P I was also thinking about giving jewlery making a try.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Welcome Summer, what type of crafts do you do? I work primary with digi scrapping, beads and painting. 

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Hi Summer! I'm Cody, welcome to the group! :) What type of crafts are you interested in doing?

melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Eeep! Good luck! Hopefully he takes the hint ;) lol

Quoting Summer-Moon:

I'm really hoping that my husband will surprise me with one for Christmas. I have been dropping hints! ;) I have done a little bit of hand sewing in middle school but that was years ago. I never thought of using what I learned though.

Quoting melliburger:

Quoting Summer-Moon:

Quoting melliburger:

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, Summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)