Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Viking!

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

We're giant Penguins fans here and we go to a lot of games. TJ is going MOnday with his brother so I made him a viking beard! (Hat to come later... I hope). I just finished the beard and his brother already asked for one too. It is pretty epic so I wanted to share :) 

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kileys_mommy
by Shannon on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Your expression is priceless! It made me LOL! Nice job!
melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM

LOL! It's awesome :D

looneymom424
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Awesome job.

SissyMacK
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Haha!  I love it!

jakana2369
by Wendi on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Fun!
Miranda1127
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Great job!!! It looks pretty heavy, how does it stay on?
-JC-
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Quoting Miranda1127:

It's actually not heavy at all. In this picture, it was bobby pinned to my hair. 

But I finished the hat and added buttons. The beard has button holes and attaches to the hat. 

Miranda1127
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I saw the completed project after this. It turned out amazing. The buttons work wonderfully. I've used them for hat/beard projects before. I've never done such a lrg beard though. The ones I've done just cover the jaw and I crochet ear holes on them so you can wrap it around your ears or button to a hat. I cant imagine that working for something this large though.

Yours really us pretty amazing!!!!

Quoting -JC-:

Quoting Miranda1127:

It's actually not heavy at all. In this picture, it was bobby pinned to my hair. 

But I finished the hat and added buttons. The beard has button holes and attaches to the hat. 

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-JC-
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Honestly, the beard only took about an hour. The base is 4 rows. Cutting and knotting all the strands is what took the longest. 

Quoting Miranda1127:

I saw the completed project after this. It turned out amazing. The buttons work wonderfully. I've used them for hat/beard projects before. I've never done such a lrg beard though. The ones I've done just cover the jaw and I crochet ear holes on them so you can wrap it around your ears or button to a hat. I cant imagine that working for something this large though.

Yours really us pretty amazing!!!!

Quoting -JC-:

Quoting Miranda1127:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)