Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Holiday Baking

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 59 Replies

I love to try new things and since we are all crafty I am hoping some of you have fun holiday baking traditions you would be willing to share.

what is your "go to" holiday baking activity? 

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelbr
by Melissa on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Every year we try and spend a day baking christmas goodies. I use them as gifts for family, friends and co workers. My sister always makes fudge and I always make mashed potato candy ( if know it doesn't sound goos but it is sooo good lol. Tastes like a mounds candy bar. My grandma made it every year) then cupcakes, cookies, etc. I sometimes make chocolate cups and put peanut butter balls inside of them. And of course I always decorate gingerbread houses with the kids on their christmas break.
mariesmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM

fudge!

SissyMacK
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM

My family has a recipie for mashed potato candy, but it is more like soft divinity than Mounds.  Its always been one of my favorites.

Quoting angelbr:

Every year we try and spend a day baking christmas goodies. I use them as gifts for family, friends and co workers. My sister always makes fudge and I always make mashed potato candy ( if know it doesn't sound goos but it is sooo good lol. Tastes like a mounds candy bar. My grandma made it every year) then cupcakes, cookies, etc. I sometimes make chocolate cups and put peanut butter balls inside of them. And of course I always decorate gingerbread houses with the kids on their christmas break.

melliburger
by Melli on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Cookies! Usually using premade dough. Or cakes :)

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Cookies!! I'm not a baker so that's it for me lol I may try my hand at new things but cookies are super simple and fast :)
AnnaNonamus
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM

My mom and I break our backs standing on our feet for 2 days to get all the baking done. We usually try a few new things, but our standard, must do items are:

Christmas Crack (It's saltine crackers, butter, dark brown sugar, and chocolate chips)
Gingerbread Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups (made in mini muffin pans, and topped with a hershey's kiss, or a peanut butter cup, or rolo)
Pumpkin Bread
Savory Crackers (Dill, ranch, butter, and oyster crackers)
Chow Mein Cookies
Nut Clusters
Fudge (Chocolate & PB)
Peanut Brittle
Peppermint Bark
Peanut Butter Cups

We both have bad backs, and every year, we promise as we sit in agony at the end of the first day, that we'll cut back, make less, spread it out more. And every year, we seem to add in more items.

This year, Mom just had surgery on her back (10th in 11 years), so I'm going to force us to have a dedicated list going into it, and STICK TO IT.

jryberg
by Jaime on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:24 PM

The mashed potato candy sounds interesting. I love potatoes maybe I will look for a recipe. 

Quoting angelbr:

jryberg
by Jaime on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Do you have a favorite type? 

Quoting mariesmama:

fudge!

jryberg
by Jaime on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I have never heard of it but with two recommendations I may have to try it this year.

Quoting SissyMacK:

My family has a recipie for mashed potato candy, but it is more like soft divinity than Mounds.  Its always been one of my favorites.

Quoting angelbr:

jryberg
by Jaime on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Using per ade dough just saves time :)

Quoting melliburger:

Cookies! Usually using premade dough. Or cakes :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)