Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Crochet patterns for men? HELP!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:09 AM
  • 5 Replies

So every year we do a bad santa at my MIL's for Christmas. We are very short on money right now so my mil and hubby suggested I crochet something for it, since I don't have the money to buy things. The way we do it, each person brings a gift. So I need to crothet something that would be appropriate for females and something else for the males. None of the men in the family wear beanies. They wear baseball caps and baseball caps only. They also don't use scarves or mittens and I don't have the time to crochet an afghan. 

Four of the guys are into video games, four of them are into sports, and I think there's only two that are into fishing. There are five adult men in the family and I can not find any patterns that would be good. All the patterns I am finding are for hats, scarves, mittens and that type of stuff. Does anyone have any ideas or a pattern that would work? 

Thanks in advance ladies!

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Brieshon
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Laptop/kindle/tablet/cell case, bottle/mug/can cozy (maybe a set in different colors so it's easy to tell drinks apart, lol), crocheted football/baseball/basketball (safer for tossing indoors!), bookmarks, fingerless gloves for playing video games, slippers...
TXHulaMama
by Ashli on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Since 4 of th 5 like sports, then your best bet sounds like doing the balls like Brieshon suggested. You could even do a set of different kinds of balls.

Quoting Brieshon: Laptop/kindle/tablet/cell case, bottle/mug/can cozy (maybe a set in different colors so it's easy to tell drinks apart, lol), crocheted football/baseball/basketball (safer for tossing indoors!), bookmarks, fingerless gloves for playing video games, slippers...

crochetmom07
by Carol on Dec. 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I didn't even think of the balls. Do you know where I can find some good free patterns for them?

Quoting Brieshon: Laptop/kindle/tablet/cell case, bottle/mug/can cozy (maybe a set in different colors so it's easy to tell drinks apart, lol), crocheted football/baseball/basketball (safer for tossing indoors!), bookmarks, fingerless gloves for playing video games, slippers...

Brieshon
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I'd check ravelry.com. :)

Quoting crochetmom07: I didn't even think of the balls. Do you know where I can find some good free patterns for them?

Hello07
by New Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I'd do a mug cozy with a baseball team theme

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)