Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tinsel Solution!!

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

When I grew up our tree had tinsel. It was the last touch on the tree and suddenly that green bobbled fir was dripping with sparlkly magic. Now that I'm older I want my tree to feel like yhat BUT.... tinsel. Need I say more?
Tinsel is a mess. Its a pain to het out of the package and then a pain to delivately drape a few strands at a time while it static clings to everything. Then once its on the tree you might be like me and have cats who think its dessert or a toddler who thinks its awesome how it sticks to his head while hes hiding things in the tree. And its so outdated. I've used sparkly beeds and its just not the same. So I came up with this!
Silver pipecleaners made into tiny bows with bells on each. And I can reuse them each year. My son can rearrange them to his hearts content. My cats might knock one or two off and chase them under the couch but they don't eat them and thanks to the bells I can always find them at it. I love these things and I have to admit I'm thrilled at my genius. Lol
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lillucky8
by Silver Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Thats a super cute idea! I hate the mess of tinsel for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jryberg
by Jaime on Dec. 22, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Great idea!
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Cute!

melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM

super cute :D

DawnPratt23
by Silver Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM

That's cute :) We don't do tensil because we have pets and it is dangerous for them. I forgot to even get the garland for the tree. 

looneymom424
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Great idea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)