Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

QOTD 12/24 **Christmas Eve Stuff**

Posted by   + Show Post

Happy Christmas Eve!

Because I'm super curious, do you celebrate on Christmas Eve or Christmas or do something else?

My family (before I left home) used to have our big dinner on Christmas Eve which consisted of turkey, ham and all the sides BUT also included Tamales and Pozole (YUM!!). Then we'd stay up until midnight, open presents and just hang out all night and sleep all of Christmas. Always was a blast :)

by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:19 AM

That sounds really cool :) What great traditions!

Quoting Anniea90:

We do a finger foods like party at my aunts on christmas eve. This way we have time to spend with my aunts and uncles. We exchange gifts between them then. Then everyone gets to stay home on Christmas and relax with their small bunch. So no one is rushing around christmas day really. Its nice. On christmas we will do presents when we wake up and a breakfast casserole, then we will have dinner whenever it gets done. :)

melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Good luck with the packed schedules! :) I hope you guys have tons of fun and eat lots of yummy food <3

Quoting jryberg:

We celebrate on Christmas Day with just the three of us in the morning if my sister is in town. If she is not in town we spend the night at my parents and wake up there, with them. 

This year Christmas Eve is the only day my sister's family and my brother's kids can all be at my parents so we are doing our family Christmas today. It will be a fun afternoon, gifts with my brothers kids, and lots of laughing! Tomorrow we will wake up at home, do gifts with just the three of us, and then go back to my parents and do gifts with them and my sister's family. 

It's going to be a packed two days!

melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Yum! I hope everything turns out great :) I like hearing about different traditions and celebrations!

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

We celebrate the 12 days of Yule which started on the Solstice with the burning of the Yule log. Yesterday was my daughters birthday who was born during the holiday and we always do a big family thing here for her. Today is about baking and cooking. It's part of the tradition. I have to make fudge, breads, and cookies. Thankfully I have a bread maker to help me out. Later tonight we feed the Tomten the bowl of poridge with butter and he will keep our home safe all year round. We keep going until Jan 31st. Each day is different and fun. I love it.

melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:20 AM

What are you doing at home if you don't mind sharing? Any traditions or routines you do? :)

Quoting mrsniebo:

Years that we celebrate with my family, we celebrate with my mom's side of the family on Christmas Eve with dinner and presents and Christmas day with my dad's side of the family on Christmas day. Previous years that we've been with DH's family have been celebrated with MIL's family on Christmas Eve, but this year we're staying home.

melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM

That sounds nice :)

Quoting mama_girl07:

If we are in las Vegas with family we do a party on the 23rd with the family. Christmas Eve we have a nice dinner(tonight is roast, green beans and roasted potatoes) then we will open a present and watch a Christmas movie then to bed :)

melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM

That's a good way to appease all the family and it doesn't make one day super jammed packed! :)

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

both...we celebrate with my inlaws (and sometimes my nieces and nephews by my brother) christmas eve and christmas day with my family.

melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:22 AM

This sounds super fun!

Quoting Moyzila:

Just started this year, The girls have a bath and came down to open their Christmas Eve Gifts which were new PJ's and then they git done watching a Nice Family Christmas Movie.. A Nightmare Before Christmas and their now watchin an 2nd episode of My Little Pony and then we will help them hang their stockings before heading up to bed.

melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Someone who understands the staying up until midnight thing ;) LOL I saw pics of the playset on fb, WOW! :)

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains: Growing up we were allowed to open just one gift after dinner and then the rest at midnight. That was the best! Now we let Kenzie open just one one Xmas eve and the rest Xmas morning. She just opened the gift my sister have her and is quietly playing in her room lol. She got the monster high school play set.

mrsniebo
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:28 PM

We're having a pretty low-key Christmas. The kids opened stockings in matching Christmas jammies, had breakfast, and opened some presents. We're watching A Christmas Story and I'll be spending some time in the kitchen later.

Quoting melliburger:

What are you doing at home if you don't mind sharing? Any traditions or routines you do? :)

Quoting mrsniebo:

Years that we celebrate with my family, we celebrate with my mom's side of the family on Christmas Eve with dinner and presents and Christmas day with my dad's side of the family on Christmas day. Previous years that we've been with DH's family have been celebrated with MIL's family on Christmas Eve, but this year we're staying home.

DawnPratt23
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM
We normally watch christmas cartoons and open one present. Some of the presents from aunts didnt arrive, so we just watched cartoons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN