• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi I'm Kristin. I'm a SAHM to 3.  I homeschool and am an active volunteer.  I've come to realize that I need time for me, to do something I love, not just something for everyone else.  For Christmas I was introduced to Kumihimo and also was given  a beading loom. I love them both!

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome. Kumihimo is great fun. It is one of my favorite things to do.

lalasmama2007
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM

wave

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Hi Kristin! I'm Cody! Welcome to the group! What sort of stuff do you volunteer with? :)

DisabledVet
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I had to look Kumihimo up. I quill. I've been quilling for over 50 years. Quilling is an ancient art form in which paper strips are used to create designs. The strips are rolled on a tool and then either kept tight or allowed to bloom. Some coils are pinched while others are left round. The resulting shaped coils are used to create beautiful designs. I have some really nice items posted on Pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com/tbdogsquilling/)

melliburger
by Melli on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello Kristin! Welcome tot he group :) Good luck with your two new crafts :)

Pukalani79
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I direct a homeschool choir and help out at my daughters' ballet studio

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

Hi Kristin! I'm Cody! Welcome to the group! What sort of stuff do you volunteer with? :)

Pukalani79
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I had never heard of that. I looked at the Pinterest site - wow! That's beautiful

Quoting DisabledVet:

I had to look Kumihimo up. I quill. I've been quilling for over 50 years. Quilling is an ancient art form in which paper strips are used to create designs. The strips are rolled on a tool and then either kept tight or allowed to bloom. Some coils are pinched while others are left round. The resulting shaped coils are used to create beautiful designs. I have some really nice items posted on Pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com/tbdogsquilling/)

jryberg
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Welcome to the group! We all need to take time to find something we enjoy doing just for us. Have fun with your new crafts.

Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Very cool. Welcome to the group. This is a fabulous group to get support and show off your beautiful things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)