Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

What are your big goals for 2014?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:43 PM
  • 30 Replies

Craft or personal - not just resolutions, but goals, milestones, accomplishments, and events you would like to see happen before 2015! :)

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 3:57 PM

I started this mitten advent calendar on the 26th and will just keep going until I'm done. I have six red mittens done so far.

I want to then get started on this tree skirt

These light bulbs will be the ornaments that I will give as a gift to my kids next yule. They will each get a set of five.

These are German ornaments that were on my fathers and grandmothers trees every year. I want to make a set of these this year for my home and then make five more sets as a gift to my kids. We are big on gnomes in this house.

I want to make a few (maybe dozens in the long run) of these snowflakes. If you dip them in liquid starch and let dry they hang perfectly from the front windows.

Ok If I have the time I will be making parts of this wreath but this is a big maybe. This is 12 separate patterns that you knit to put together into one beautiful wreath that I would gladly hang all year long.

I also love these knitted paper chains but they may have to wait for next years projects

On top of ALL of this I have to also make yarn. That is actually the top priority but this is my wish list to insert with the yarn production.

Other than that I just want to relax and recharge after a horrible year .... actually an escalation of a few years that just got worse and worse. My whole year is about rebuilding myself and my family into what we used to be and more.

Stacia101
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:16 PM

I want to open my own esty store and sell my crafts.

jryberg
by Jaime on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I want to enjoy life more and not worry so much! One of my goals is to have a quarterly family activity - this is a "big" activity not just family game or movie nights but to actually go do something new in our area.  December we went to the symphony and loved it - looking for more activities like that! 

MyIslandGirls
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 5:18 PM

1) Get out of debt!

2) organize my life with 4 children

3) finish my crafts!

melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Get more loom knit knowledge and become a better resource for others in that aspect.

Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Do you use ravelry a lot? I always wondered how the site is for loom people. I love it for knit, crochet, and handspinning. Also have you considered doing youtube videos? I know you can build a following this way.

Quoting melliburger:

Get more loom knit knowledge and become a better resource for others in that aspect.

melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:15 PM

I use ravelry quite a bit, and always put in my projects (as much as I remember to do lol). I'm not cmofortable enough to make my own videos yet, I think that's a goal I'll try for in a few years :) IF you want to add me on ravelry my profile is: http://www.ravelry.com/people/kardecnelis

Quoting Rust.n.Gears: Do you use ravelry a lot? I always wondered how the site is for loom people. I love it for knit, crochet, and handspinning. Also have you considered doing youtube videos? I know you can build a following this way.

Quoting melliburger:

Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm adding you now. I'm endlesspinning. 

Quoting melliburger:

I use ravelry quite a bit, and always put in my projects (as much as I remember to do lol). I'm not cmofortable enough to make my own videos yet, I think that's a goal I'll try for in a few years :) IF you want to add me on ravelry my profile is: http://www.ravelry.com/people/kardecnelis

Quoting Rust.n.Gears: Do you use ravelry a lot? I always wondered how the site is for loom people. I love it for knit, crochet, and handspinning. Also have you considered doing youtube videos? I know you can build a following this way.

Quoting melliburger:

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:09 AM

That advent calendar! That tree skirt! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I started this mitten advent calendar on the 26th and will just keep going until I'm done. I have six red mittens done so far.

I want to then get started on this tree skirt

These light bulbs will be the ornaments that I will give as a gift to my kids next yule. They will each get a set of five.

These are German ornaments that were on my fathers and grandmothers trees every year. I want to make a set of these this year for my home and then make five more sets as a gift to my kids. We are big on gnomes in this house.

I want to make a few (maybe dozens in the long run) of these snowflakes. If you dip them in liquid starch and let dry they hang perfectly from the front windows.

Ok If I have the time I will be making parts of this wreath but this is a big maybe. This is 12 separate patterns that you knit to put together into one beautiful wreath that I would gladly hang all year long.

I also love these knitted paper chains but they may have to wait for next years projects

On top of ALL of this I have to also make yarn. That is actually the top priority but this is my wish list to insert with the yarn production.

Other than that I just want to relax and recharge after a horrible year .... actually an escalation of a few years that just got worse and worse. My whole year is about rebuilding myself and my family into what we used to be and more.

AthenaRadhaGaia
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:15 AM
I want to do some kind of craft
learn German
finish my book
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)