Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 1/2

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:35 AM
  • 11 Replies

What is the easiest, but most delicious meal you make? Share a recipe or picture if you want =)

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_girl07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Chicken chili verde casserole. We are having it tonight.

2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded. I'd substitute leftover grilled or rotisserie chicken in a heartbeat, but for now, the boiled chicken was a good base. 

1/2 cup cream cheese
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 bottle of salsa verde
4 handfuls of tortilla chips (I'm super accurate with my measurements)
Salt/pepper/garlic salt/chili powder to taste
1 tbsp dried chopped onion
1/2 can of corn

Line bottom of 10" round baking dish with some slightly crunched tortilla chips until I had a good base layer. Topped with half a can of corn, sprinkled with some cheddar. Topped that with shredded chicken. Mixed the cream cheese, some of the cheddar, chili powder, garlic salt, and dried onion, and layered that on top of the chicken. Dumped the salsa verde over everything, rotating the dish so that it got all the way to the bottom. Topped it with the rest of the cheddar cheese and a light dusting of chili powder. 

Baked at 350 for 25 minutes or so, until cheese was bubbly and slightly browned

melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:35 PM

That sounds delicious!!!!

Quoting mama_girl07:

2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded. I'd substitute leftover grilled or rotisserie chicken in a heartbeat, but for now, the boiled chicken was a good base. 

1/2 cup cream cheese
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 can of corn

Line bottom of 10" round baking dish with some slightly crunched tortilla chips until I had a good base layer. Topped with half a can of corn, sprinkled with some cheddar. Topped that with shredded chicken. Mixed the cream cheese, some of the cheddar, chili powder, garlic salt, and dried onion, and layered that on top of the chicken. Dumped the salsa verde over everything, rotating the dish so that it got all the way to the bottom. Topped it with the rest of the cheddar cheese and a light dusting of chili powder. 

jakana2369
by Wendi on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Sounds fabulous. I might have to try this with beef. We dont/cant eat chicken due to dh will die.

Quoting mama_girl07:

1/2 cup cream cheese
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 can of corn

amomynous_j
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

take-out. ;-) 

kidding. easiest meal i actually make would be spaghetti..i brown ground beef, pour a can of pasta sauce in and simmer for a few minutes. cook pasta, serve. 

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:30 AM

I don't know if it is the absolute easiest but it is close. We love this one. I have it set for a double recipe since we like to freeze some too. This is a recipe that my mom came up with when I was a child and it has been a staple of my diet, and now my kids, ever since!

Mom's Most Fabulous Chicken Kielbasa
2 Kielbasa
3 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 med. brown/yellow onion
garlic, to taste
tarragon, to taste
oil, as needed (about 4-6 oz)
2 pt, chicken stock
flour, as needed
Precook chicken. Mince garlic, onion and tarragon. Slice kielbasa and cube chicken. Put oil in bottom of pan and add garlic; brown. Add kielbasa; brown. Add onion cook about 5 min. Add chicken stock, reserving 4-5 oz, and cook for 20 minutes. Add more garlic, to taste. Add tarragon to taste (about 2-3 TBSP). Add flour to the reserved chicken stock and stir. Add to the pan. Boil until thick. Add chicken. Serve over Rice.
(THIS IS A DOUBLE RECIPE AND WILL SERVE 12 OR 1/2 CAN BE FROZEN IN A GALLON BAG FOR FUTURE USE JUST THAW, HEAT AND SERVE)
my4kidsrock2
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Roast in the crock pot with potatoes and homemade bread. I'm mobile and can't link but you should google the recipe for "my mothers peasant bread". It's unbelievably easy to make and tastes great. It's also easy to modify. Tonight I added garlic powder and Italian seasoning and it turned out great :)
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:05 AM

I agree with takeout! hahahaha Spaghetti is a super easy meal!

Quoting amomynous_j:

take-out. ;-) 

kidding. easiest meal i actually make would be spaghetti..i brown ground beef, pour a can of pasta sauce in and simmer for a few minutes. cook pasta, serve. 

amomynous_j
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:06 AM

i might just try this tonight! sounds so good!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

I don't know if it is the absolute easiest but it is close. We love this one. I have it set for a double recipe since we like to freeze some too. This is a recipe that my mom came up with when I was a child and it has been a staple of my diet, and now my kids, ever since!

2 Kielbasa
garlic, to taste
tarragon, to taste
2 pt, chicken stock
flour, as needed
Precook chicken. Mince garlic, onion and tarragon. Slice kielbasa and cube chicken. Put oil in bottom of pan and add garlic; brown. Add kielbasa; brown. Add onion cook about 5 min. Add chicken stock, reserving 4-5 oz, and cook for 20 minutes. Add more garlic, to taste. Add tarragon to taste (about 2-3 TBSP). Add flour to the reserved chicken stock and stir. Add to the pan. Boil until thick. Add chicken. Serve over Rice.
(THIS IS A DOUBLE RECIPE AND WILL SERVE 12 OR 1/2 CAN BE FROZEN IN A GALLON BAG FOR FUTURE USE JUST THAW, HEAT AND SERVE)

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:40 PM

It is one of the best things that we have ever eaten. Both my mom and I are experimenters in the kitchen and will grab a few things from fridge and cabinet and say hmm...what can I make with this. This is by far the most successful and most used recipe in our combined cookbooks.

Quoting amomynous_j:

i might just try this tonight! sounds so good!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

2 Kielbasa
garlic, to taste
tarragon, to taste
2 pt, chicken stock
flour, as needed

maine1014
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM

So easy, I put either chicken or pork chops in the crockpot, cover them with a can of Cream of Chicken Soup, let it cook all day, makes a yummy gravy for potatoes or rice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)