Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Crochet Chart Help!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

I want to make a dress for my 8 year old and came across this really nice one that I will add some decorations to later. The only problem is I dont know how to read a crochet chart and need someone to please help me. The pattern is found here http://gosyo.co.jp/english/pattern/eHTML/ePDF/1204/4w/212ss-28_Carta_Round-yoked_Dress.pdf

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lillucky8
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Bump for one of our crocheting ladies, im no help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AriannasMommy84
by Crystal on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:10 PM

not sure if this will help...but try this

<3 Crystal <3
Wife to Clay(2008),
Mommy to Arianna(2003),
Fur baby fettuccine(2009),
Isabella(2009),
& Madelyn(2011)
American by birth, (Retired)USAF wife by the Grace of God

coast guardknittingteen girltoddler girlbaby girlcat

Stillvnu
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:37 AM

The pattern doesn't look too hard ... once you conquor the tension to match the scale ... find your local senior citizen center ... I'm sure they will have an expert there to help you finish!

-JC-
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 5:10 PM
I'll write it out when i get online later if someone hasn't already.
SilverOcean84
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Thank you that will be a great help

Quoting -JC-: I'll write it out when i get online later if someone hasn't already.

-JC-
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

you'll be working from the neck down. 
The body is worked off the yoke. 

Puff stitch: yo, pull up loop to height of row, yo, pull up loop to height of row, yo, pull up loop to height of row, yo and pull through all loops on hook.  

CH 120, join
R1) ch1, sc across, join
R2) ch 3, dc in same st, dc in next 4 st, *2dc in next st, dc in next 4 st* repeat around, join
R3) sl st into ch 2 space, ch 5 (counts as dc and ch 2 space) dc in same st, ch 2, sk 2 st, sc in next st, ch 2, *[dc, ch 2, dc] in next st, ch 2, sk 2 st, sc in next st, ch 2, sk next 2 st* repeat around, join to 3rd ch of starting 5
R4) [ch2 and puff stitch, ch2, puff st, ch 2, puff st] in ch 2 space from previous round. ch 1 *sk 7 st [puff, ch2, puff, ch2, puff] in next ch 2 space ch 1* repeat around, join to top of ch 2
R5) sl st into ch 2 space, ch 4 (counts as DC and ch 1 space), dc in ch 2 space, ch 1, dc in ch 1 space, *dc in ch 2 space, ch 1, dc in ch 2 space, ch 1 dc in ch 1 space, ch 1* repeat around. join to ch 3 of starting ch
R6)  ch 3, 2 dc in each dc from previous round, 1 dc in each ch 1 space, repeat around, sl st to starting ch 3
R7) repeat row 3
R8) repeat row 4
R9) repeat row 5
R10) repeat row 6
R11) repeat row 3
R12) repeat row 4
R13) repeat row 5
R14) DC in each  dc and ch 1 space from previous round
R15) repeat row 3
R16) repeat row 4
R17) repeat row 5

**This is to be added after the completion of the dress**
The edging for the collar and the cuffs:
R1) ch 1, sc next 2st, ch3, *sc in next3, ch 3* finish off with ch 3, sc, join to starting ch
R2) ch1, sc in next st, *ch 5, sk [sc, ch3,sc] sc in next sc* repeat around. after last sc, ch 2, dc in starting ch
R3) sl st into ch 5 space, *5sc in next 5 st, sl st in sc* repeat around, join 

Finish off and weave in ends 

-JC-
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I'll come back in a bit and do the body. That took way longer than I expected. And if you have any question, please feel free to ask me. I tried to be as descriptive as possible... while still being simple. 

SilverOcean84
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Thank you. I never did a puff stitch before. The way you wrote it out I was able to understand

Quoting -JC-:

I'll come back in a bit and do the body. That took way longer than I expected. And if you have any question, please feel free to ask me. I tried to be as descriptive as possible... while still being simple. 

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:44 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)