Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often does your crafting get in the way of housework?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have to craft at night or else it distracts me from everything else I have to get done!

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommy4ever07
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM
I try not to let it get in the way but it does occasionally
sonnyswoman75
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Right now it doesnt as I really have started to craft. Its one of my new years resolutions. I want some productive hobbies.

lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Sometimes, but not too often.

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:53 PM

How about let's change it to "how often does your housework get in the way of your crafting?"   hahahaha - that's how I feel!!!

Really though, since discussing with DH about making this a more productive ($$) year for my crafting habit, I've had to carve out specific times of when I will be doing crafting/business stuff, my school stuff, and my housework stuff. 

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:09 PM
It doesnt. I dont have alot of crafting that i do, more often i go to craft and see something that needs to be cleaned and end up cleaning instead of crafting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:06 PM

all the time :) But we're generally pretty neat so if we go a few days without doing much it's not that bad.

pattybear156
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:20 PM

while some of my projects take a long time, I can put a load of clothes on and put some in the dryer and go back to finishing what ever i was working on.,,my crafting has gotten to be obbession around my house.which i should slow down some.

billssweety
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:23 PM

This is what I was going to say!!

Quoting mybratsmom:

How about let's change it to "how often does your housework get in the way of your crafting?"   hahahaha - that's how I feel!!!

Really though, since discussing with DH about making this a more productive ($$) year for my crafting habit, I've had to carve out specific times of when I will be doing crafting/business stuff, my school stuff, and my housework stuff. 

AngryBob
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:44 PM
I can't really do much while the kids are tearing up the house anyway, so I do most of my housework at night after they go to bed. I have been cross stitching a lot during the day. I still have some unpacking to do, but I'm just lazy lol. I'd rather cross stitch anyway!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)