Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Well, here i go!

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:20 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hello ladies.. I have been wanting to crochet for quite some time now, but working full time with a toddler keeps me busy. Well I finally just sat down and found some tutorials online. Let me just say..it is not as easy as I thought it was going to be. It is hard for me to just sit down, relax and do things slow. I am always on the go or, moving fast.
What would you ladies suggest I make first that would be relatively simple? I have been wanting to make a blanket for my daughter but I am not sure what the difficulty level is with the various stitches.

Thanks in advance!
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lilmamahen
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

redheart.com has some patterns from beginner to intermediate. My first blanket that I made was a row of double crochet then a row of single crochet and back and forth. You can make it as easy as you would like or as difficult as you would like. ravelry.com has some patterns for beginners to intermediate also

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:04 PM
I dont crochet so i cant help, but good luck! And share pics :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leinaala09
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Thanks ladies for your support and assistance! :)
jryberg
by Jaime on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:00 PM

You could make some dish clothes first. I don't crochet, yet, but when I was learning to knit that is how I learned the basics.

jridgill
by Jennifer on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Quoting lillucky8: I dont crochet so i cant help, but good luck! And share pics :)
angelbr
by Melissa on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Scarves would br easy I think. Youtube is a great resource for learning the basics and different stitches.
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Do the washcloths - one for each stitch required in the blanket you picked. That's how I started. After the first few rows you're hands will get it and you'll be good to move on. Unless you're like me and watched a really bad YouTube video without reading comments and learn to crochet backwards!!!
The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:54 PM

A scarf or wash cloths are easy first projects!

may8675309
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:04 PM
I totally agree here. Start with single crochet and double crochet projects. Look at diagrams and videos and see which works better to teach you. For me, I learned from diagrams. I hated the videos. It also helps me to have a pocket guide of stitches to look back over from time to time. I picked one up from Walmart for about $5. Good luck!

Quoting The_Monster_Mom:

A scarf or wash cloths are easy first projects!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN