Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Clean Craft Room

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 9:42 PM
  • 29 Replies

With all the stuff we went through in the past few months my studio just went to pot. I finally spent this weekend cleaning and organizing everything. I was shocked by the LACK of yarn I have. I've been cold sheeping (not buying yarn) for three years now and this is what is left.

This is all my different yarns put together.

This is my cotton yarn for making dish cloths. I have a yen for using them all over the house.

This is the three baskets of sock yarn. I've used up so much of it. It's a wonderful thing. 

This is where I tuck away the handspun that I have made so loving. I have been doing pretty well with getting it into loving homes.

Now this is my best of the best fiber in the entire world

This is CASHMERE ! Cones and cones of cashmere mill end.

I'm triply plying this on my spinning wheel to make lace weight yarn that I am freaking keeping because I could never get this again for this price. I paid $35 total for this entire cabinet and the bottom is all the way across cones .... just only one door at a time will open. It goes back four cones deep.

Oh I just realized that there is another basket of sock yarn to the right of the cabinet. Oh good. And this is the cabinet closed with a vantage of all my stuff like photo boxes for scrapbooking, sewing boxes (one is my sewing box, one is my mum's but she died, and one is knitting notions). Oh and that's my kitty Sushi Sukiyaki.

And this is my crap. Yep. It's bins and bins of fiber that I am going to handspin. Plus there's baskets with handspinning supplies and my broken wheel next to it (she has been fixed). Everything I love comes out of these lovely bins and they are stuffed full. A few of them only stay shut because I have another bin on top of it.

Finally there is my chair. This chair belonged to Dan's grandmother (so did the rest of the furniture). I knit, crochet, and spin yarn here. There's a leaf to my table behind it and a small folding table for me to put my ball winder and drinks.

I have already begun handspinning some beautiful purple yarn that is amazing and I don't know how I am going to give it up.

Oh and by the way there is also a table for eight people in there as well. I have it set for six though because it gives me more room to work at the table.

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calebsmommy05
by Amy on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:11 PM
That is an awesome space! I am totally jealous by the way!!!!
jridgill
by Jennifer on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Looks great. That's a lot of yarn! I love the way you have it all organized and the different things you put them on.
melliburger
by Melli on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:50 PM

WOW!!!! I love it all :) I want to come over and sit with you and loom knit :D

Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Oh I used to have ten times this amount. My house was very full. I've knit it down for three years.

Quoting jridgill: Looks great. That's a lot of yarn! I love the way you have it all organized and the different things you put them on.
Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish you could ....

Quoting melliburger:

WOW!!!! I love it all :) I want to come over and sit with you and loom knit :D

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:07 PM
I'm in love with that hand spun yarn that's pink/green in the top left shelf dead center! Soo pretty!

I did have a craft room until I got pregnant lol so now it's a nursery. I love your room though!
Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:10 AM
I looooove yarn. I've forced myself to use only what I have lately, too.
DawnPratt23
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Looks great!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anniea90
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:03 PM

thats so awesome! I just finished putting me a craft space together. it is so great to have somewhere i can leave my stuff out. Yours looks way nicer then mine though :)

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:21 PM
What a great space! I wish i was crafty enough to have a space like that and a use for all of that yarn! That is awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)