Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is embarrassing

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:11 PM
  • 31 Replies

Mobile Photo

It would be helpful to know what causes this. Imagine me in the summer wearing shorts/( this is both legs. No burlap involved :p
More pics below
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jridgill
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Mobile Photo

jridgill
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Mobile Photo

jridgill
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Mobile Photo

jridgill
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Mobile Photo

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
What the heck??? Benadryl!!! I used to get like tht when my boss was in a "bad" mood - we (a co-worker with the same issues) called them the Howry Hives. No kidding.
anng.atlanta
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That definitely looks like an allergy. Is it just your legs, or elsewhere on your body?

The_Monster_Mom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

It does look like an allergy. Did you change laundry soap or dryer sheets recently? Try any new foods?

amomynous_j
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

=( oh that doesn't look like fun.

jridgill
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:06 PM
I get hives ALL the time. It's not usually this bad but it certainly has been many times. I've been tested for lots of things and they have no idea what causes it. I can take a bottle cap and press it on my skin and it will whelp up and itch. It's been like that since I was 13 so 20 yrs now. Many doctors will say it's not caused by stress but I only seem to get them when I'm stressed out. The very first time they appeared was when my mom and dad was going through a nasty divorce. Typically I use stick Benadryl during the day and a cool wash cloth. At night I'll use regular Benadryl. My doctor advises me to take Zyrtec or something similar but I refuse to take medication every single day when I don't need to. Not to mention it is expensive.

It was just those dots everywhere but they itch and it made it like shown in the pictures as far as how wide they were and stuff. I had on pants so I was just scratching here and there not knowing it was there. By the time I realized it was hives I had already made it spread and look like this.

It's just so embarrassing when people see it that don't know me. Everyone that knows me has known I've had it for years. It's usually my legs, arms, feet, and back for the most part but occasionally my face and chest/stomach.
jridgill
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol stress I tell you! Some doctors are at war on whether or not it's true but I'm telling you from experience mine is brought on by stress many times.

Quoting mybratsmom: What the heck??? Benadryl!!! I used to get like tht when my boss was in a "bad" mood - we (a co-worker with the same issues) called them the Howry Hives. No kidding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)