Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

crochet bag progress

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:12 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

It is supposed to be a market bag bit for some reason it turned out way small.. I still like it but I would like to figure out why it's smaller.. I followed the pattern. I still have to finish the strap. One side is attached already so how do I attach it to the other side of the bag? Pic in replies also
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelbr
by Melissa on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Mobile Photo

KaroGreenly
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:25 PM
It looks good! Your sticks are probably tighter than the gauge, that's why it's smaller.

To attach the strap to the other side, line up the edges and then slip stitch through each stitch.
melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:11 PM

It's still pretty cute! Are you going to try the pattern again?

angelbr
by Melissa on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Thank you!

Quoting KaroGreenly: It looks good! Your sticks are probably tighter than the gauge, that's why it's smaller.

To attach the strap to the other side, line up the edges and then slip stitch through each stitch.
angelbr
by Melissa on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Ya I am gonna try again and see how it turns out. It was super easy to do!

Quoting melliburger:

It's still pretty cute! Are you going to try the pattern again?

KaroGreenly
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:28 AM
Instead of doing x number of stitches, make it x number of inches long. I have to adjust almost every pattern that I make because I stitch very tightly.

Quoting angelbr: Thank you!

Quoting KaroGreenly: It looks good! Your sticks are probably tighter than the gauge, that's why it's smaller.

mamalynnsmith
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:34 AM

Sometimes the patterns tell you to repeat from a certain point. Maybe reread pattern see if there is a repeat in it also is it able to stretch

jryberg
by Jaime on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:41 AM

looks good, it will work for samll trips :) 

angelbr
by Melissa on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:10 AM
I will try that.. I crochet tightly too. Thanks!

Quoting KaroGreenly: Instead of doing x number of stitches, make it x number of inches long. I have to adjust almost every pattern that I make because I stitch very tightly.

Quoting angelbr: Thank you!

angelbr
by Melissa on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:14 AM
It does stretch when I put something in it. I was jist hoping it was.bigger around. So I am thinking I need to do more rounds when making the bottom of the bag?

Quoting mamalynnsmith:

Sometimes the patterns tell you to repeat from a certain point. Maybe reread pattern see if there is a repeat in it also is it able to stretch

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN