Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

QOTD 2/7 *What do you want to be?*

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM
  • 27 Replies

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Now that you're older, what do you want to be?

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziva65
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 1:31 AM

I'm happy. I wanted to be a nurse practitioner, and I am :)

I thought for a while about being a vet because I love animals so much, but couldn't get past the part putting them to sleep. That wasn't going to work. It has worked out great overall, now we just have a mini zoo... chickens, dogs, birds, rabbit...

I still have some other goals, but now will wait until my kids get their college degrees... I'd like to finish my doctorate, travel more, go on missions trips, visit an ice castle in Norway, get a Llama= sheer him and spin the wool... like my bucket list.

But in terms of career and life in general- I'm doing what I wanted to do :)

anng.atlanta
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 1:32 AM

I mostly wanted to be a teacher. I had a kid's chalkboard and would line my dolls up for lessons. 

IRL, I'm a business analyst, crunching numbers all day.

If I could have any job, I'd love to be an astronaut.

Rust.n.Gears
by Group Admin on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I wanted to be a chef or an artist. First I became a chef and then I became an artist. 

calebsmommy05
by Amy on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:34 AM
I have wanted to be a nurse and a mommy. I am still working on the nurse part. I kind of did things backwards and started my family first, then went to school and became a Medical Assistant. I plan on going back to school when my kids are in school - it will work out better that way.
amazingspice
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:38 AM

I wanted to be a nurse when I was little.

I want to be an Art Teacher now or designer

deadlights86
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:43 AM
I wanted to work for the travel channel and travel all over the world. Hell I still want to do that lol. That great hotels and destinations show was my dream job.
charleyangel317
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:02 AM

As a kid I wanted to be a singer (had a 4 year full paid ride to UGA school of music) and now I want to be a stay at home mom with my own business and am working towards that goal.

Ziva65
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Sort of funny, mine was the other way around because it took a long time for us to have kids :)

It doesn't always go as we planned, does it? Good for you on pursuing it though :)

Quoting calebsmommy05: I have wanted to be a nurse and a mommy. I am still working on the nurse part. I kind of did things backwards and started my family first, then went to school and became a Medical Assistant. I plan on going back to school when my kids are in school - it will work out better that way.

calebsmommy05
by Amy on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Well, my grandma always said "if you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans." Trust me, he is getting a good laugh on my account!

And thank you. I have wanted to be nurse since I was 7. And I am 27 now. So, that's a long time!

Quoting Ziva65:  Sort of funny, mine was the other way around because it took a long time for us to have kids :)
It doesn't always go as we planned, does it? Good for you on pursuing it though :)
Quoting calebsmommy05: I have wanted to be a nurse and a mommy. I am still working on the nurse part. I kind of did things backwards and started my family first, then went to school and became a Medical Assistant. I plan on going back to school when my kids are in school - it will work out better that way.

melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 7, 2014 at 2:31 PM

That's really cool that you got to do the the job you wanted to do! YOu have a lot of more plans, it's good to have goals I think :)

Quoting Ziva65:

I'm happy. I wanted to be a nurse practitioner, and I am :)

I thought for a while about being a vet because I love animals so much, but couldn't get past the part putting them to sleep. That wasn't going to work. It has worked out great overall, now we just have a mini zoo... chickens, dogs, birds, rabbit...

I still have some other goals, but now will wait until my kids get their college degrees... I'd like to finish my doctorate, travel more, go on missions trips, visit an ice castle in Norway, get a Llama= sheer him and spin the wool... like my bucket list.

But in terms of career and life in general- I'm doing what I wanted to do :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN