Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

QOTD 2/20 *College!*

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:59 AM
  • 30 Replies

Let's talk about school! Are you in college? Taking classes for anything?

If you're not in college, do you already have a degree? If you don't have a degree or are not going to college, do you want to?

by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:03 AM

I plan to go to nursing school once this little one is in prek and we are stationed somewhere that has a good school to go to.  I live in the middle of no where here so I couldn't go to school and then I got pregnant lol so yeah.

OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:43 AM
I have a BS in sociology and political science with an area of concentration in research
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anng.atlanta
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I have a BS in Mathematics with a minor in accounting. I also have an MBA in Operations Mngt.

I'm happily done with school!

Peechi81
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a bachelors in social work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calebsmommy05
by Amy on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I have my diploma as a Medical Assistant. Worst choice ever. I plan on going to nursing school when both little kids are in school. They are 4 and 2.
ladybugchick317
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I went to college but family issues caused me to have to quit but wanted to go back.

Ziva65
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Guess I'm old here. I graduated with a Master's degree over 20 years ago. My bachelors was over 30 years ago...I do love school though and often take various classes for fun, I was in law school for a while too. I could be a perpetual student honestly. I've taught nursing too, and may do that again as I love being on the campus. I plan to finish my PhD once my kids are out of college. Since that is just for fun, it will need to wait.

I'm thinking now  thoughabout putting my 4 kids through (pretty much at the same time because they are 15,15,15 and 17...and helping them decide what they want to do :) They are our first priority :)

TXHulaMama
by Ashli on Feb. 20, 2014 at 11:10 AM

I had to quit when I was 4 classes away from my associates degree because I got really sick. I plan to finish up with online classes so I can work on my degree while DD is asleep. I'm nervous since it's been so long since my school days, but I want to be able earn more so I can provide her with the best opportunities possible. I'd really like to finish a science degree and teach (I was a marine biology major but no longer live near the beach). I've also considered doing something with website design.

angelbr
by Melissa on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I have my bachelor's degree in healthcare administration.
lillucky8
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:17 PM

i am not in college, nor did i go to a traditional school. after highschool i knew i wanted to do healthcare but not be a nurse because as i saw it they were always charting and never actually spending time with the patients, way too much paperwork for me, so i was in a toss up for LNA or MA and thankfully i chose LNA because of finances, it took me 9 weeks and i make more money than MAs do anyway, i love my job, and i know every single day i make a difference :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)