Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Does your SO support the time you spend crafting?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:10 AM
  • 29 Replies

Does your SO support the time you spend crafting?

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Absolutely. He loves that I'm an artist and pushes me to further myself. Keep in mind that he is also a knitter and pattern designer.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Yes, he knows it makes me happy.

calebsmommy05
by Amy on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Yes. Because it keeps me busy. Also he thinks it is amazing that I can turn a ball of yarn into something awesome.
TheJerseyGirl
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:42 AM

OH God, yes! He actually encourages me to do more.

Sarahb21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Yes, for a few reasons. It's something I love, so he encourages that. I make cool stuff for the house and, cheap gifts for people. Plus, when I crazy at night he plays his videos games so we are both busy with something we like doing.
KatieD82
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Yes, I make him stuff too and he will use some as gifts. He tries taking credit(jokingly). He thinks I should make lots so we can have a booth at a craft fair.

craigsmommy07
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Not as much as he used to but that's probably because he was away.  The first 2 yrs of our marriage we spent 18 months apart ((thanks Army :/)).  Now that he is home, he prefers my attention while we're watching TV or something instead of my nose being buried in my craft.  I try to get some done while he's at work but a toddler and newborn limit my time severely!   I wish he would be a little more supportive.

jryberg
by Jaime on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Yes, my hubby is supportavie even if he gives me a hard time when I show up with a new project and have not finished the piles I have sitting around the house :) He like to play computer games so he sees it as a way for me not to nag about him being on the computer :) 

jryberg
by Jaime on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM

That is a hard adjustment - being apart and getting into your own routines and then having to learn to live together again and still do things yo ulove. Can you both agree to a night or two of together time without either one doing something and then have the other nights to craft?

Quoting craigsmommy07:

Not as much as he used to but that's probably because he was away.  The first 2 yrs of our marriage we spent 18 months apart ((thanks Army :/)).  Now that he is home, he prefers my attention while we're watching TV or something instead of my nose being buried in my craft.  I try to get some done while he's at work but a toddler and newborn limit my time severely!   I wish he would be a little more supportive.

AriannasMommy84
pretty sure I have the best husband in the world! I'm so blessed to have him!! <3
Yesterday at 10:41 PM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM

This, lol

Quoting calebsmommy05: Yes. Because it keeps me busy. Also he thinks it is amazing that I can turn a ball of yarn into something awesome.

<3 Crystal <3
Wife to Clay(2008),
Mommy to Arianna(2003),
Fur baby fettuccine(2009),
Isabella(2009),
& Madelyn(2011)
American by birth, (Retired)USAF wife by the Grace of God

coast guardknittingteen girltoddler girlbaby girlcat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)