Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Craft Items and Toddler Question

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Val
  • 12 Replies

I have a friend who work a preschool/daycare center. She was telling me that their art/craft supplies are extremely limited. In fact the center owner wants the teachers to buy their own supplies. I told her that I would gladly donate some of my craft stash and asked her what they need. She said anything kids between the ages of 2-6 can use. My question is besides paint and paper what else do you think they could use?  Thanks for reading!

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
buttercup24
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I worked at a daycare. I was a preschool teacher. We had paints, paper, crayons, markers, material, felt, glitter, paper towel rolls, pipe cleaners, play dough ( it can be made I make it for my kids), anything really. I keep soda bottles, egg cartons, ribbon, I could go on and on lol
EmmasMom0706
by Val on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Thank you! I have tons of things like glitter, fabric, pipe cleaners, etc!

Quoting buttercup24: I worked at a daycare. I was a preschool teacher. We had paints, paper, crayons, markers, material, felt, glitter, paper towel rolls, pipe cleaners, play dough ( it can be made I make it for my kids), anything really. I keep soda bottles, egg cartons, ribbon, I could go on and on lol

PinkButterfly66
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Glue sticks, pipe cleaners, glitter, felt, popsicle sticks

buttercup24
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Your welcome. At that age they use anything.
melliburger
by Melli on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Pretty much what the other ladies said :) Good luck! Super nice of you to donate your stuff there!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I agree with everything above....also Pom poms, cotton balls, sequins, wiggly eyes, etc.

SugarMamaO76
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Foam Stickers and the lil faces/plate things they stick to, noodles, food coloring, ribbon, cotton balls..... 

amazingspice
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:27 AM

I would say anything that they can grap good.

EmmasMom0706
by Val on Feb. 27, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Thank you for help ladies! I'll be putting a box together this weekend!

emersonsmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 1:38 PM

You should ask about the glitter though.  At my daughters preschool they can't use glitter because they might get it in their eye or something and it can scratch.  The teacher thinks its a rediculous rule, but just to be sure you should check on that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)