Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Getting started in selling crafts?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 6:52 AM
  • 2 Replies
How do you get started in selling your crafts? I can see most have a niche, but what if you wanted to start with what you have on hand while finding your own niche? I have come up with a few ideas, with one in particular I would like to veer towards but also have too many items now that are unrelated I need to work on "going through" to make room for new.
Is it possible to start selling on a facebook fan page or is that not a great way to get started? I'm not too good a blogging, but could if that is a better way to start.
Trying to avoid too many upfront costs while I get my feet wet and get more into this.
Any advice or tips would be appreciated and helpful.
Thanks
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
TheJerseyGirl
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:31 AM

FB, Instagram, years ago I started by word of mouth and a few local craft shows.

dizzy77702
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:52 AM

I know some people on here are really successful with storenvy.  It's free and you can customize your page.  You do need to set up paypal.  I have an account but don't have the time to promote it so I haven't been able to sell anything.  Craft fairs are also a good idea, most of the time the tables are inexpensive, it's about 15-25 dollars here to set up a table, also try local swapmeets.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN