Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

QOTD 3/15

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:53 AM
  • 16 Replies

How often do you go through your crafting supplies and get rid of things you haven't used or don't remember why you go it? What do you do with these things? Donate? Use?

by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AriannasMommy84
by Group Admin on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:57 AM
Never...I always use my yarn
TheJerseyGirl
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:03 AM

I have a hard time parting with things but I do go through it every now and then and throw things away.

Jodyblonde2007
by Joanna on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I really need to go through my yarn but I haven't yet. There are just a few skiens of yarn that I know I'm never going to use and I plan on donating them.

jryberg
by Jaime on Mar. 15, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

i go through things periodically and then donate or make a plan to use the supplies. I need to clean some stuff out that I have not used in the past year and don't see myself using again. My crafting habits have changed over the past few years and I am not so much excited by making cards and scrapbooking as I was. I like sewing, knitting and want to learn to crochet now.

I blame this group :) 

calebsmommy05
by Amy on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:23 PM
This is funny. I just told my husband that I needed to go through my yarn and sell some so I could buy more yarn. There is some I know that I will never use.
Ziva65
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:27 PM

haha- like every 10 years-

Even then, I saved stuff for my daughter. she is now 15 and using it :)

I still have some furs from over 10 years ago, and should probably get rid of those, they are just so nice :(

Ziva65
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Haha I totally understand. I purposely don't answer posts because while I love doing my crafts, t is completely last on my priority list. Like for fun, when EVERYTHING else is done. While everything is never done!! :)

Quoting jryberg:

i go through things periodically and then donate or make a plan to use the supplies. I need to clean some stuff out that I have not used in the past year and don't see myself using again. My crafting habits have changed over the past few years and I am not so much excited by making cards and scrapbooking as I was. I like sewing, knitting and want to learn to crochet now.

I blame this group :) 

Rust.n.Gears
by Group Admin on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Very rarely. Like every five years. I am doing it now after losing my mum. I'm purging a lot of her stuff out of the house. I freecycle what I don't need. There are a lot of people who make good use of it. I just got together three trash bags of yarn.
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:25 PM

I may find stuff but it doesn't get donated. I or my kids use it.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 15, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Almost never.  I don't buy things that I don't intend to use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN