Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

so execited ,my first mini night light..with flower.I made. would this sell?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:36 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

ok this is with the led light turned down, I used a light green fingernail polish. two coats. the flower i made from plastic bottles. and used stems for flowers to hold it. and used gems to cover the led light.this is trial by fire to see what i can do better.i would love to make different sizes and sell them.

by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AriannasMommy84
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Cute, but honestly..,I wouldn't buy one, but that's just me.
SleuthMaria
by Maria on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Sorry, I don't know if they'd sell. I can say, I wouldn't buy one. Sorry, dont want to rain on your parade or hurt your feelings, just being honest.

504bbymami
by Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Sorry, I'm not even sure what I'm looking at. :/

Can you try to take a better picture in better lighting?

It looks like maybe an Upside down glass jar of some kind with some kind of light and some broken glass inside of it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelenia
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I think this idea is very clever and could sell if you add embellishments, especially around the base. I upcycle old stuff into new in my artwork as well. Eco friendly is marketable. Personally i think these just need a bit of sparkly flair to highlight and showcase the design:)
jakana2369
by Wendi on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM
I agree with the others. Fun idea just need to do something with the bottom and make it sparkle so to speak.

I myself would not buy it. I have large dogs that would brake it. Nothing glass on my counters.
jryberg
by Jaime on Mar. 24, 2014 at 6:31 AM
It does need some more sparkle :) is the light easy to turn on and off?
pattybear156
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:10 AM

Thank you ladies. and thank you for the honesty yes the led light is easy to turn on and off. I could coat the flowers with fingernail polish instead of the glass that might work better? I was thinking with a larger one to add like little critters in the bottles? the lid is removable and you can turn it on and off.

SissyMacK
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I think you're on the right track, just bling it up a bit. 

crystalclear12
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Very cute idea. Agree, it is missing something. Maybe a different flower? A better base?
4EverYung
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:20 PM

i think they would sell, paint the lid is a tip i found out that would work better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)