Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finished baby shower gift! Came out adorably girly!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:08 PM
  • 17 Replies
3 moms liked this

I love love love giving gifts and getting creative with them. My inspiration was this (pic is clicky if you're curious!):

"quick change" baby shower gift How cute! Just grab a bag and go; it's already loaded with diaper, wipes, and sanitizer. Brilliant idea!

And this is the finished product of what WE tried to do! I think that it came out pretty cute! 

So we filled each little bag with a diaper from The Honest Company (got a FREE trial pack of seven diapers) a bag of travel wipes, a disposable bag to put the dirty diaper in, and a hand sanitizer! Got the basket from Home Goods and my dear friend and husband helped make the bags that go in it! 

I tried to get the lighting just right but I was getting an awful shadow to the left 'cause I dont have one of those light reflector things (that I now know to get! Haha.) What do you ladies think?

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
perfect01
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Very nice gift!

javakitty2011
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM

That is so adorable! Mama to be will love that. I made my daughter a "diaper cake" for her shower. Both a table display and gift too. It was an owl as her nursery was owl themed. I got it the directions from a gal on facebook named https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thoms-Crafts-and-Treats/452887034737446

She has some amazing creations

jakana2369
by Wendi on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Very nice! Cute idea.
melliburger
by Melli on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM

what a great gift!

AriannasMommy84
by Crystal on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:34 PM

that is adorable

<3 Crystal <3
Wife to Clay(2008),
Mommy to Arianna(2003),
Fur baby fettuccine(2009),
Isabella(2009),
& Madelyn(2011)
American by birth, (Retired)USAF wife by the Grace of God

coast guardknittingteen girltoddler girlbaby girlcat

tat2dprtgrl
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Beyond adorable
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:34 PM

very cute!

MyIslandGirls
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:04 AM

i love it! personally if i was going to take the time to make the bags... i would have put cloth diapers in them. but that's what i would do

flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Oh I know right?? I even told her at the shower that I almost DID put cloth diapers in them (how cute would that have been and then you have a wetbag to put them in if we'd sewn a different liner and added a zipper instead of ribbon, totally thought of that) but this was her face when I mentioned cloth diapers a few months ago:

lol to each his own! So instead I filled the bags with eco-friendly diapers from The Honest Company instead. Bonus! They still come in adorable patterns!

Quoting MyIslandGirls:

i love it! personally if i was going to take the time to make the bags... i would have put cloth diapers in them. but that's what i would do

ladybugchick317
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Nicely done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)