Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

QOTD 5/1

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 1:56 AM
  • 12 Replies

Happy May! Any plans for the month? Goals? WIP's that'll get done this month?

Happy May! It's Older Americans Month! #seniorcare #olderamericansmonth #may

by on May. 1, 2014 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PandTsmomjuly
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a few commissions to finish up. And once I get the hooks crochetmom is sending me I'll be able to start 2 more commissions :)

I'm planning a TARDIS afghan once I can get the yarn for it for a fellow Whovian for Yule as well :)

Making a patriotic afghan for my very patriotic father for his birthday/Father's day. Been working on it for a while. Granny squares are a PAIN! -_-

MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on May. 1, 2014 at 2:37 AM
It's mine and Kenzie's birthday month :). My goal is to make at least 2 AI2 cloth diapers and buy inserts, cloth wipes and a few diapers for baby. Oh and start working out once the dr gives me the thumbs up at my 6 week check up and I get my Mirena in haha.
MrsSexyCurtains
by Jasmine on May. 1, 2014 at 2:38 AM

Mobile Photo

AriannasMommy84
by Crystal on May. 1, 2014 at 7:03 AM
Not sure. I am going to make a few dresses for Maddie and paislie & after those I'm going to make some more stuff for the flea market here so I can sell there in June.

I'll spend the first(& maybe 2nd) week in May unpacking the new place. I need to get fabric so one of the local ladies can make curtains for Bella's room & maybe Ariannas room.
Rust.n.Gears
by Group Admin on May. 1, 2014 at 10:29 AM
I have the Harry Potter House Cup competition so I'm super busy. I have a few Wurm hats to knit up, yarn to spin, and lots of washing and blocking to do from last month. Plus I have to prepare for a pie competition I'm doing. I want to make an heirloom tomato tartatan. Yummy.
SissyMacK
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 11:10 AM

May is going to be crazy busy for me.  I am starting the month with a thoroughly house cleaning and cleansing (hubby commented on the mess yesterday, crafting does that).  Then I have a stack of handbags, skirts, totes, salves, and scrubs  to create.   Three weeks from tomorrow the Bucking Horse Sale starts and it is the biggest week of the year here in nowhere Miles City MT.    It's a world famous cowboy event and businesses here make black over the BHS. 

For anyone who'd like to see a wild pony race here's a great example:

whitleypittman
by whitley on May. 1, 2014 at 11:13 AM
I have an afghan, a scarf, and a shawl to finish up, then it's figuring out what to do with the two balls of Malabrigo I ordered.
KickButtMama
by on May. 1, 2014 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Sleep

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on May. 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Sewing wise I  have 3 sets of curtains need to get done. Pajama bottoms (shorts) for all the kids and a smock/apron/bib deal for my youngest (he has outgrown the bib that I made him and needs something new...

Jewelry wise I have a commission to finish, a couple of jewelry projects to finish...

And I think I am going to pull out my soap making or candle making stuff to make something with that this month.

Luckily I finished my main Mother's Day project early.

Lucki

KickButtMama
by on May. 1, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I am working on the Honey Napkin large tatting centerpiece. I'm doing it in shades of pinks & purples. 

This is the napkin in tan & cream so you get the idea - 

Im also going to be updating one of my most popular sellers, my butterflies in flight doily. I'm going to give it a more Irish Crochet feel. It was originally an antique pattern - 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN