Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Blue and orange baby blanket

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 9:55 AM
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

I got asked how much I would charge for a baby blanket by my coworker. I quoted her a price based off the cost of eight balls of Cascade 220 Superwash (which, btw, I am in LOVE with!) and she very quickly agreed. Kinda shocked me, tbh. But I didn't complain.
I hope to add a fleece backing if I can figure out how lol!
by on May. 13, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PandTsmomjuly
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Looks good! I found knitting so difficult.

PandTsmomjuly
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Also, where do you get your yarn? I've been going to Walmart -_- I'm not a fan of the acrylic yarn they have there and need softer, stretchier stuff.

whitleypittman
by whitley on May. 13, 2014 at 10:27 AM
I got the Cascade 220 from The Loopy Ewe online. They offer a bunch of different yarns. I recommend anything that says Superwash cause it's not hand wash only.

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Also, where do you get your yarn? I've been going to Walmart -_- I'm not a fan of the acrylic yarn they have there and need softer, stretchier stuff.

PandTsmomjuly
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Yeah, that's why I'm using acrylic yarn. I just hate that it's so stiff and rough :-/

Quoting whitleypittman: I got the Cascade 220 from The Loopy Ewe online. They offer a bunch of different yarns. I recommend anything that says Superwash cause it's not hand wash only.
Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

wedding ticker

whitleypittman
by whitley on May. 13, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Red Heart is HORRIBLE! Great for learning, but it will tear your hands to bits!
If there's a Hobby Lobby near you, try their I Love This Yarn. It's acrylic, but SUPER SOFT and not near as stiff. I'm using up the last of my Red Heart for a friend.

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Yeah, that's why I'm using acrylic yarn. I just hate that it's so stiff and rough :-/

Quoting whitleypittman: I got the Cascade 220 from The Loopy Ewe online. They offer a bunch of different yarns. I recommend anything that says Superwash cause it's not hand wash only.

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

PandTsmomjuly
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I DO have one, right next to Walmart, lol. Yeah, I'm getting yarn burn from the Red Heart :(

Quoting whitleypittman: Red Heart is HORRIBLE! Great for learning, but it will tear your hands to bits! If there's a Hobby Lobby near you, try their I Love This Yarn. It's acrylic, but SUPER SOFT and not near as stiff. I'm using up the last of my Red Heart for a friend.
Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

wedding ticker

whitleypittman
by whitley on May. 13, 2014 at 10:46 AM
It breaks my heart cause they have so many beautiful colors that I can't find elsewhere. :-( but I'm sure another company will start offering them.

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

I DO have one, right next to Walmart, lol. Yeah, I'm getting yarn burn from the Red Heart :(

Quoting whitleypittman: Red Heart is HORRIBLE! Great for learning, but it will tear your hands to bits!
If there's a Hobby Lobby near you, try their I Love This Yarn. It's acrylic, but SUPER SOFT and not near as stiff. I'm using up the last of my Red Heart for a friend.

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

PandTsmomjuly
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM

That's true. The colors they offer are very rich. And I like the no dye lot thing.

Quoting whitleypittman: It breaks my heart cause they have so many beautiful colors that I can't find elsewhere. :-( but I'm sure another company will start offering them.
Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Quoting whitleypittman: Red Heart is HORRIBLE! Great for learning, but it will tear your hands to bits! If there's a Hobby Lobby near you, try their I Love This Yarn. It's acrylic, but SUPER SOFT and not near as stiff. I'm using up the last of my Red Heart for a friend.
Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

wedding ticker

whitleypittman
by whitley on May. 13, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah. I love the different variegated yarns they offer.

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

That's true. The colors they offer are very rich. And I like the no dye lot thing.

Quoting whitleypittman: It breaks my heart cause they have so many beautiful colors that I can't find elsewhere. :-( but I'm sure another company will start offering them.

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Quoting whitleypittman: Red Heart is HORRIBLE! Great for learning, but it will tear your hands to bits!

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

melliburger
by Melli on May. 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM

cool!!! IT looks so complicated though! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)