Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

How do you stay motivated?

Posted by on May. 29, 2014 at 10:20 AM
  • 28 Replies

I have an abundance of supplies and tons of ideas, yet I cannot get motivated to craft anything.  I think it may be that I am overwhelmed with all the supplies and ideas, add to that 3 (sometimes 5) kids in the house during summer break, and trying to put a yard sale together.  I just can't seem to figure out where to start or what to do first.  I'm in the middle of a cross stitch birth announcement for my friend (due in 4 weeks), but I have no motivation to work on that, either.  I would like to craft some things to include in the yard sale.  Any ideas on quick, easy things to make?  Ideas for both questions are appreciated.

by on May. 29, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaiTilley
by Dai on May. 29, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Honestly, some times I end up motivated simply because I HAVEN'T crafted in awhile! I totally see where you're at; we just had a huge yard sale, and now we're selling our house, so there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day!
What is your main craft?
anng.atlanta
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2014 at 10:25 AM

It does sound like you have too much stuff!

I rotate my projects, working on 4-5 at a time to hold my interest.

Another thing you can do is work on quick stuff so that you'll feel that wonderful 'I did it!' feeling sooner rather than later.

No idea on the yard sale stuff, but make it fun!

jellybean621
by New Member on May. 29, 2014 at 10:34 AM

The only craft I've truly "mastered" is cross-stitch.  I have bookmarks and mini Christmas ornaments already made.   I have a Silhouette Cameo, which my husband uses more than I do.  I just can't get the hang of the machine.

Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2014 at 11:26 AM
I get involved in crafting competitions. It really helps me.
PattyinNV
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Maybe join a swap those are always fun.
mrsniebo
by Member on May. 29, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Crafting is kind of my "me" time, so it helps me unwind. Many of my projects are for my kids, so seeing their reaction to a newly completed project also motivates my crafting.
PandTsmomjuly
by Member on May. 29, 2014 at 1:53 PM

This is why I have so many WIPs. I get started on one thing, lose interest, start another, rinse and repeat -_-

Dream catchers are quick and easy to work up and sell fairly well most of the time. What sort of crafting do you do?

melliburger
by Melli on May. 29, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

a quick project always helps my motivation. That or starting a new series on netflix. lol

Jodyblonde2007
by Joanna on May. 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM

This is me also. (Absolutely love netflix, makes wonderful background noise when the kids are asleep and I get into my crafty zone.)

Quoting melliburger:

a quick project always helps my motivation. That or starting a new series on netflix. lol

Sarahb21
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2014 at 10:40 PM

I find the more I craft the easier it is for me to continue crafting. If I take a break it takes forever for me to get back into it. But once I'm going, my brain is always thinking about crafting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)