Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Etsy or eBay

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:16 AM
  • 10 Replies
Is it better to sell on etsy or eBay
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
may8675309
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a storenvy shop. There are less fees.
cheetah90210
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Thank you is it easy to sell on their is their an app

Quoting may8675309: I have a storenvy shop. There are less fees.
Brieshon
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:50 AM
I agree with storenvy. It's free, easy, and more customizable than etsy or eBay. My husband's soap shop is on storenvy. If I'd known about it at the time, I would've put my crochet shop there instead of etsy.
cheetah90210
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Wow thank you ladies how well are sells on there I just had my baby girl 3 weeks ago so I can't really go out to flea markets like I usually do so I'm looking for something to do at home till she a little older and I just want to be able to sell to more people

Quoting Brieshon: I agree with storenvy. It's free, easy, and more customizable than etsy or eBay. My husband's soap shop is on storenvy. If I'd known about it at the time, I would've put my crochet shop there instead of etsy.
PlaysAllDay
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:50 AM
The problem with ebay is, unless you have something truly unique or that people want, you have to sell at very low prices. Etsy is a great but it's fees can add up. Storenvy is good but lacks the traffic that etsy and ebay bring, to my sales anyways. I have shops on all 3 and also on artfire.
cheetah90210
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Thank you a i have a few people interested in some stuff from a post i made in s pregnancy group on facebook so maybe j can use social network as a marketing place and once im established on here do my etsy account

Quoting PlaysAllDay: The problem with ebay is, unless you have something truly unique or that people want, you have to sell at very low prices. Etsy is a great but it's fees can add up. Storenvy is good but lacks the traffic that etsy and ebay bring, to my sales anyways. I have shops on all 3 and also on artfire.
Brieshon
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
No matter which site you use, you'll have to spend time marketing through Facebook, Craigslist, etc... It can be time consuming!

Depending on what you're selling, you might consider putting your products in a local shop, too.

Quoting cheetah90210: Wow thank you ladies how well are sells on there I just had my baby girl 3 weeks ago so I can't really go out to flea markets like I usually do so I'm looking for something to do at home till she a little older and I just want to be able to sell to more people

Quoting Brieshon: I agree with storenvy. It's free, easy, and more customizable than etsy or eBay. My husband's soap shop is on storenvy. If I'd known about it at the time, I would've put my crochet shop there instead of etsy.
may8675309
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
There is less traffic on storenvy but you just have to do the marketing leg work, and like it has already been stated, that's time consuming. But it's like any other business you have to work at it. I have found it easy to use. And I like the Google Analytics feature.

Quoting cheetah90210: Thank you is it easy to sell on their is their an app

Quoting may8675309: I have a storenvy shop. There are less fees.
melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Depends on what you're selling.

cheetah90210
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 4:25 AM
Crochet and sewed iteams like baby hats, blankets, nursing covers , car headrest cover, ect.

Quoting melliburger:

Depends on what you're selling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)