Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

I have a love/hate relationship...Updated with finished pics

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 4:40 PM
  • 2 Replies

with my newest project (that has to be done tonight)...

I hate having to fussycut stuffed animals on scrap fabric...

I have a babyshower set to make for my sil (for lack of a better/shorter word or description).

That needs to be done before tomorrow (I kept trying to find the fabric in the store since they always have it and finally had to settle for using the scraps I had left from my last project using the fabric...which of course took two days to find...).

Everything is cut out and it should take maybe 2-3 hours to sew it together. (IF dh gets home in time we are going to get more fabric and I will make a pirate themed diaper bag...monkey pirates if I can find it since she wants monkey and pirate stuff for his room...)

A jolly roger themed burp cloth and bib both backed with a light blue baby weight terrycloth and a stuffed lamb (I had to fussy it so that on both sides of the head would be a full and upright jolly roger (talk about a p.i.t.a. when I had to do the entire project out of scrap fabric...).

I'll post pics as soon as I finish...

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NYnewmom81214
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:56 PM

I was wondering...can you use regular cotton fabric for the front of a burp cloth then the terrycloth for the back?

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:27 AM

That's what I do, with fusible interfacing in between the layers. I have also used minky and done light weight machine washable plastic as the middle layer (you can do the same for bibs).

Quoting NYnewmom81214:

I was wondering...can you use regular cotton fabric for the front of a burp cloth then the terrycloth for the back?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)