Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Tatting?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:43 AM
  • 12 Replies

Is there anyone in here that does it? I'm thinking of trying to learn that next but it looks a bit more difficult.

If you tat could you share some photos of work you're done and tell me how long it took?

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by Group Admin on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:52 AM

I don't but I have many friends who do it on another site that many of us ladies in this group use. http://www.ravelry.com/. You can search for tatting in the group tab. I have had people send me tatted markers in my care random act of kindness kits. They are somewhere .......  

OrientalLily
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I always wanted to try it as well.  I have everything I need to try it, now I just need to find the time.  It's on my "to do" list.

Be sure to share your first piece with us and let us know how you're making out with it.

shell3m
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Can't wait to see what you make! :)
AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I tat. I currently only use needles, but am looking at learning to use a shuttle. Here is a doily I've done for a friend who moved to Hawaii. It still need to have the endings finished and to be blocked, but it's just to give you an idea. It took me about 10 hours total work time, but it's a more complicated pattern than I'm used to.

Sorry, that's my son's foot. He feels he must be in every pic I take.
Bailee2b
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Beautiful!

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

Mobile Photo

I tat. I currently only use needles, but am looking at learning to use a shuttle. Here is a doily I've done for a friend who moved to Hawaii. It still need to have the endings finished and to be blocked, but it's just to give you an idea. It took me about 10 hours total work time, but it's a more complicated pattern than I'm used to. Sorry, that's my son's foot. He feels he must be in every pic I take.

Bailee2b
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:15 PM

I didn't know ravelry had groups! I've been a member for years too. I guess I'm not that observant!

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I don't but I have many friends who do it on another site that many of us ladies in this group use. http://www.ravelry.com/. You can search for tatting in the group tab. I have had people send me tatted markers in my care random act of kindness kits. They are somewhere .......  

PandTsmomjuly
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:11 PM

OH! That's GORGEOUS! If I do this I'll be using a shuttle because those are what the youtube tutorials do :P

Do you sell your work or just do it for fun/gifts?

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

Mobile Photo

I tat. I currently only use needles, but am looking at learning to use a shuttle. Here is a doily I've done for a friend who moved to Hawaii. It still need to have the endings finished and to be blocked, but it's just to give you an idea. It took me about 10 hours total work time, but it's a more complicated pattern than I'm used to. Sorry, that's my son's foot. He feels he must be in every pic I take.

rfhsure
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:16 PM
I thought you meant tattooing lol. O idea what that is
AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Thank you

Quoting Bailee2b:

Beautiful!

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

Mobile Photo

I tat. I currently only use needles, but am looking at learning to use a shuttle. Here is a doily I've done for a friend who moved to Hawaii. It still need to have the endings finished and to be blocked, but it's just to give you an idea. It took me about 10 hours total work time, but it's a more complicated pattern than I'm used to.

AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Thank you. Right now I only work for fun and gifts. I'm a timid crafter and always seem to think what I do isn't good enough to sell. I see the imperfections and automatically think everyone will too, and not want to buy it as a result. I'd love to make a little extra spending money, maybe fund the habit, but I don't have the confidence.

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

OH! That's GORGEOUS! If I do this I'll be using a shuttle because those are what the youtube tutorials do :P

Do you sell your work or just do it for fun/gifts?

Quoting AkashaGermaine:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN