Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Does anyone here scrapbook??

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 8:38 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hi! I am wanting to learn some basic tips on scrap booking. Can anyone help lol?
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eFreak23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 8:39 PM

I scrapbook.  What kind of tips are you looking for?

ardan85
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 8:43 PM
I would like to make a book for each of my children. What glue/adhesive is best and do the plastic sleeves get torn with brads or embellishments?

Quoting eFreak23:

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 10:22 PM
I use double sided tape, or my Xyron to stick things. Decorated pages can go in to the inserts, they shouldn't be damaged by brads and other embellishments.

BE VERY CAREFUL AS THIS IS AN ADDICTIVE AND EXPENSIVE HOBBY!! (I just made $1000 selling a small portion of my stash at garage sale prices. Came no where close to the true value of the products but my son apparently needs his closet now.)

Quoting ardan85: I would like to make a book for each of my children. What glue/adhesive is best and do the plastic sleeves get torn with brads or embellishments?

Quoting eFreak23:

eFreak23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I love double sided tape.  Works the best for me.  The sleeves are durable, to a point.  Don't cram so much on the page that they rip.  If you can slide the page in and out easily, you will be fine.

Have fun!  Definitely addictive, but so worth it.  I love Hobby Lobby.  They have great sales and a daily 40% off coupon!

Rust.n.Gears
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Scrapbooking is my job so I love it. I got to learn a lot by going to public crops at places like scrapbook stores and Michaels. You see what others are using. My basic bag has my book, double sided tapes, punch sets, variety of papers, buttons, dots for attaching buttons and such, stickers, and twine. I also like using ink pads with paint brushes too. I add color to the border of papers and smudge with my finger or the brush. I learned a lot from pinterest too. Its how I goot into working with paper flowers and using border punches in different ways.
shell3m
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Can't wait to see what you make! :)
suziejax
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:48 PM

I have been away from it for years but I am now getting back into it!

Stillvnu
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Check out Pinterest.com they have lots of ideas on there ... acid free tape is essential ... check out local scrapbook stores to see if they offer the use of their room for free (sometimes they even let you use some of their supplies!)   Have fun!

tampatha01
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I've been scrapping for several years.  I love using double sided tape and my ATG is probably my most used tool.  I think for scrapping the best thing to do is to check out pinterest and blogs that you like and find what appeals to you.  I also watch a lot of youtube videos to learn new techniques as well as online classes and I attend a couple of crops every year.  

I do cards/scrapbook layouts and ATC's.  If you would ever like to stop by my blog feel free!  http://tampatha.wordpress.com     I am on the DT for a couple of online blogs so I am always creating something. :)

LisaAirth
by New Member on Sep. 14, 2014 at 7:48 PM

I can help you if you are still interested.  (lisaairth@yahoo.com)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)