• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Put your thinking caps on...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:22 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a small gift that I want to give to my bf, but I don't want him to be able to open it until I tell him when he can open it.  (inside joke)  I have thought of buying a piece of pvc pipe and glue the ends on, painting the inside of a mason jar, try and find a wooden box with a lock, expensive.

Help. 

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nebcutie
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Have you tried hobby lobby for the wooden box? I think you could get one cheap and they might have a lock set too or even the hardware store should have a cheap set
MsBlueBelle
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

If no lock on wooden box, gorilla glue it shut!

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:52 PM
For my brother, I always wrap a gift card inside layers and layers of envelopes, gift bags and boxes, with a whole roll of packaging tape.

Last year the outside box was for a car seat. His girlfriend hates me. ;-)
PandTsmomjuly
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this

My brother does this to a random family member every year and always buys stuff or wraps them in similar sized boxes for everyone else. In his case he uses at LEAST 2 rolls of duct tape and wraps every box and envelop in it.

He got my dad last year, lol. No one knows who he will pick. Also does it randomly for other gift reasons.

Quoting mybratsmom: For my brother, I always wrap a gift card inside layers and layers of envelopes, gift bags and boxes, with a whole roll of packaging tape. Last year the outside box was for a car seat. His girlfriend hates me. ;-)

PattyinNV
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Oooh fun, fun and more fun!

My g-son does gifts with the tape also, he can use a whole roll of package tape or duct tape too, he loves it and the one getting it has a blast trying to undo it and he won't let them cut it that's no fun.
shell3m
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Lol! Everyones comments just crack me up! :) I would paint a mason jar and super glue the lid..lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)