Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Been busy, busy, busy bees here...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 5:18 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Well mostly I have been. The snake skin pattern pillow was my younger ds... With plenty of help of course. It was a present for my mom. Who is tickled pink and thinks he did a wonderful job which he did. Then I made a sports glasses holder thingie for my older son for basketball. 3 pairs of shorts one pair each between the girlie and the boys. A three stand braided necklace (I'll add the pic when dd figures out what she did with it...). And a five strand necklace.
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PattyinNV
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Everything looks really nice, great job! Your son should be proud of himself for making the pillow for his G-ma.

After I got my new sewing machine with all the extras my g-kids all picked out their own material and they each made a pillow, had fun sewing by theirselves.
melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:23 AM

That's awesome! :) I remember making multi stranded necklaces :)

shell3m
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Great job on everything!! :) love the necklace! :)
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Thanks. Not sure if I am putting it into my shop or if it is going to be a gift to one of my son's therapists yet. I have to figure it out soon...

Quoting shell3m: Great job on everything!! :) love the necklace! :)

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Thanks...it is a pain while I am working on them (especially with the "helpers") but I love the final results on them so I keep working on them...that one took me almost 7 weeks with all the help...the three strand braided one that my dd lost took only a night after the "helpers" went to bed...

Quoting melliburger:

That's awesome! :) I remember making multi stranded necklaces :)

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Thanks. I actually bought dd a matching sewing machine for Christmas the year I got mine (she had been bugging me for over 2 years at that point for one of her own). All of the kids use hers and I buy them their choice of fabrics a few times a year and they have pretty close to full reign rights to my fabric pile as long as they clear the choices with me first to make sure it isn't for a specific project of mine (I have a fabric fairy so not all my fabrics are for specific projects and she is about to hit again plus when people can't figure out what to get me for occassions I get gift cards to joann's, bookstores or cooking supply stores...since aside from my kids those are my passions). 

Quoting PattyinNV: Everything looks really nice, great job! Your son should be proud of himself for making the pillow for his G-ma. After I got my new sewing machine with all the extras my g-kids all picked out their own material and they each made a pillow, had fun sewing by theirselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)