Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Has anyone made a corset?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:20 AM
  • 13 Replies

This is a project I am working on now. It will take me a while as they are very time consuming. I would like to use them to help my figure, not to waist train. Sometimes a woman just wants to have the right type of curves. lol

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Godspitgrl
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

no but I like wearing them :)

shell3m
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM
My best friend makes hers. She got really good and pretty quick about it after her second one. :) can't wait to see what you make! :)
24clark
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:06 PM

It may take me a little while as I am new (9 months) to sewing altogether. I am learning through some online video's. About 30 video's. It took a whole week just to get through them. lol Anyway, I have gotten as far as making my duct tape form of my body, making/cutting it into my pattern and making most of my mock sample. 

I hope to get good enough to be able to make some nice corset tank tops. You know like a conservative corset that has the straps on the top and will cover as much as a tank top. We will see how well I do with the boning and busks. I will post when I get one finished and as I move forward with them subsequent ones after. 

Quoting shell3m: My best friend makes hers. She got really good and pretty quick about it after her second one. :) can't wait to see what you make! :)

TattooLoveShow
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
24clark
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Thank you SO MUCH TattooLoveShow for sharing this link. I have not seen it before! I have saved it to my computer for study. 

thank you

Quoting TattooLoveShow: This is a really good tutorial http://m.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Steampunk-Corset/

TattooLoveShow
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
no problem!
she is really detailed
this is by the same women but just a different style

http://m.instructables.com/id/Corset-for-the-Business-Professional/

Quoting 24clark:

Thank you SO MUCH TattooLoveShow for sharing this link. I have not seen it before! I have saved it to my computer for study. 

thank you

Quoting TattooLoveShow: This is a really good tutorial
http://m.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Steampunk-Corset/

MrsKeyes
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Ive made them before, and it wasn't super easy, but well worth it. My advice, if you have a lot to hold in like I do, splurge on high-quality boning. the cheap stuff will be super uncomfortable and will be too malleable to provide good support.

SissyMacK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:44 PM

I've made several and after you get the first one done they start going a lot quicker. 

PandTsmomjuly
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:08 AM

I haven't but I need to find someone local to make one for me for a cosplay.

What do you use to make a corset?

SissyMacK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM

For a good wearable corset I use a heavy fabric outside (denim, light weight canvas, upholstry fabric), heavy interfacing (called coutil), light weight lining fabric (cotton), batting (if creating shaped cups), metal boning (harder to work with than plastic, but keeps its shape), metal gromets (with snap setting tools), some kind of lacing material, hook and eyes, and any embelishments desired. 

Quoting PandTsmomjuly:

I haven't but I need to find someone local to make one for me for a cosplay.

What do you use to make a corset?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)