Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Acrylic paintings of landscapes and flowers etc....

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 12:16 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

I have not done anything in the past few months (except one of those wine and painting classes I went to that my sisters and daughter treated me to while vacationing) but here are a couple that I completed before.

This is for Shell3m. You can see the details a bit better in here. 

by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-JC-
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I like the poppy one a lot :) 

Small comment on the saw blade... if the sun is behind the tree, the shadow wouldn't be to the side. lol. But otherwise, it looks really good. I think the fence is a great touch. 

DawnPratt23
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Beautiful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
24clark
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:43 PM

I know that is what it looks like in the picture, but that is actually the hole in the middle of the saw blade and not a sun. lol 

Luckily when it is hanging on the wall, it does look like the hole in the center of the blade. If I had been wiser, I could have incorporated it in this manner. :-)

Quoting -JC-:

Small comment on the saw blade... if the sun is behind the tree, the shadow wouldn't be to the side. lol. But otherwise, it looks really good. I think the fence is a great touch. 

shell3m
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
AMAZING!!! I love them all...you are very talented. :)
shell3m
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 6:01 PM
The hole is the actual blade. The sun is coming from the yellow part on the side. :)

Quoting -JC-:

shell3m
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:10 PM
How long did the top one take you?? I can't stop looking at it. It's wonderful.
24clark
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Thank you. I worked on it for 2 months before I drew the line and stopped. That was 15 years ago and still to this day I want to go back and change things. lol Tis the curse of being our own worst critic.

It was a version of a Thomas Kinkade painting. I have never been good at painting water and the styles change in the flowers on the bottom right. But, hey, my sister and daughter still fight over who will get it when I die. Can't be that bad. lol

Quoting shell3m: How long did the top one take you?? I can't stop looking at it. It's wonderful.

-JC-
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Oh em gee. Sorry. I feel like a dummy now. Haha.

Quoting 24clark:

I know that is what it looks like in the picture, but that is actually the hole in the middle of the saw blade and not a sun. lol 

Luckily when it is hanging on the wall, it does look like the hole in the center of the blade. If I had been wiser, I could have incorporated it in this manner. :-)

Quoting -JC-:

24clark
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:47 PM

bahaha, no need to apologize. It was a good observation. Pictures can be decieving. I agree the hole looks like the sun in this pic. Is all good. :-)

Quoting -JC-: Oh em gee. Sorry. I feel like a dummy now. Haha.
Quoting 24clark:

Quoting -JC-:

AriannasMommy84
by Crystal on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Nice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN