• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cricut help!!

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:20 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am wanting to purchase a cricut machine but have no clue which one to get! I read somewhere that there is a Cricut Suit available on the computer where you can make the design and then send it to your cricut via wifi, I would really like to be able to do that. Please drown me in your knowledge!! Thanks ladies!

Is the Expression 2 a good one?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
militarychick17
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:48 AM
I am looking to get one too. My friend, who let me borrow hers told me to make sure to get one that can handle a 12x12 piece of paper at the very least. The one I am looking at can do 12x24 which means I can make my own vinyl wall decals. All cartridges can be used in all machines so if there is something in particular you want, it won't matter what machine you have, the only thing that will matter is the size it can cut. At least that's my understanding.
nebcutie
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I am not sure i will be helpful or make this worse...lol Anyways i used to have a cricut and sold it for the silhouette cameo. I love my machine!! It can cut 12 inch by 10 feet i think it might be longer, have not tried that long vinyl yet. Lol you have all the designs on your computer so less to store. I use a laptop so i can take it to crops and stuff.
DawnPratt23
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:49 AM
I agree with this.

Quoting nebcutie: I am not sure i will be helpful or make this worse...lol Anyways i used to have a cricut and sold it for the silhouette cameo. I love my machine!! It can cut 12 inch by 10 feet i think it might be longer, have not tried that long vinyl yet. Lol you have all the designs on your computer so less to store. I use a laptop so i can take it to crops and stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sdunaway08
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Silhouette cameo? I have never heard of this before lol....easy to use?

Quoting nebcutie: I am not sure i will be helpful or make this worse...lol Anyways i used to have a cricut and sold it for the silhouette cameo. I love my machine!! It can cut 12 inch by 10 feet i think it might be longer, have not tried that long vinyl yet. Lol you have all the designs on your computer so less to store. I use a laptop so i can take it to crops and stuff.

kgsharber
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:18 AM
Look up Cricut "Sure Cuts A Lot".
That's the program you're thinking of.
nebcutie
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Theres alot to learn but it is easy once you get the hang of it. There are a ton of youtube videos and facebook groups are a lot of help. You can download the software free and play around with it and see what you think before buying the machine. They do have a software upgrade for $50 but can get for as cheap as $30 on sale. I have not upgraded yet and am still learning all the fun stuff. The upgrade allows you to make rinstone templets to do shirts and stuff. My goal this year is to get a printer so i can use the print and cut to make tattoos for school spirit week.

Quoting sdunaway08:

sdunaway08
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:23 AM

Awesom! I'm mainly needing it for vinyl decalls for shelves, pantries, ect....   Would these be a good fit for me? I've never used a cricut or anything similar yet. Also, what exact machine should I get?! Looks like there are a few different ones.

Quoting nebcutie: Theres alot to learn but it is easy once you get the hang of it. There are a ton of youtube videos and facebook groups are a lot of help. You can download the software free and play around with it and see what you think before buying the machine. They do have a software upgrade for $50 but can get for as cheap as $30 on sale. I have not upgraded yet and am still learning all the fun stuff. The upgrade allows you to make rinstone templets to do shirts and stuff. My goal this year is to get a printer so i can use the print and cut to make tattoos for school spirit week.
Quoting sdunaway08:

nebcutie
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:29 AM
Yes this would be the perfect machine foe that! I would do the cameo cause it is the latest and also can do alot of sizes. In some of the facebook groups you can check the files section and get free ones. There is alot to learn but it is well worth it and so neat to do. There is alot more perks to the upgraded software too i just have not taken the time to figure it out yet. Lol I would love to do a big vinyl wall decal but am to chicken to try just yet...lol so far i have done a glass block and do alot of paper crafting.

Quoting sdunaway08:

Awesom! I'm mainly needing it for vinyl decalls for shelves, pantries, ect....   Would these be a good fit for me? I've never used a cricut or anything similar yet. Also, what exact machine should I get?! Looks like there are a few different ones.

Quoting nebcutie: Theres alot to learn but it is easy once you get the hang of it. There are a ton of youtube videos and facebook groups are a lot of help. You can download the software free and play around with it and see what you think before buying the machine. They do have a software upgrade for $50 but can get for as cheap as $30 on sale. I have not upgraded yet and am still learning all the fun stuff. The upgrade allows you to make rinstone templets to do shirts and stuff. My goal this year is to get a printer so i can use the print and cut to make tattoos for school spirit week.
Quoting sdunaway08:

sdunaway08
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Ok thanks for the info! Appreciate it!

Quoting nebcutie: Yes this would be the perfect machine foe that! I would do the cameo cause it is the latest and also can do alot of sizes. In some of the facebook groups you can check the files section and get free ones. There is alot to learn but it is well worth it and so neat to do. There is alot more perks to the upgraded software too i just have not taken the time to figure it out yet. Lol I would love to do a big vinyl wall decal but am to chicken to try just yet...lol so far i have done a glass block and do alot of paper crafting.
Quoting sdunaway08:

Quoting sdunaway08:

nebcutie
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:37 AM
Want to add whatever you do the silhoutte and cricut brand vinyl stinks! Lol join some of the groups on facebook and they have tips on where to get the best deals and what kind for what you plan on doing.

Quoting sdunaway08:

Ok thanks for the info! Appreciate it!

Quoting nebcutie: Yes this would be the perfect machine foe that! I would do the cameo cause it is the latest and also can do alot of sizes. In some of the facebook groups you can check the files section and get free ones. There is alot to learn but it is well worth it and so neat to do. There is alot more perks to the upgraded software too i just have not taken the time to figure it out yet. Lol I would love to do a big vinyl wall decal but am to chicken to try just yet...lol so far i have done a glass block and do alot of paper crafting.

Quoting sdunaway08:

Quoting sdunaway08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)