Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Craft Cafe Craft Cafe

Halloween Crafting.

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:37 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hi, I'm new here so I'm just starting to explore.

It's August and I generally start my Autumn/Halloween stuff.

I'm working on costumes for the kids.

I've also got some of those fake pumpkins that are really old and the faces are damaged so I'm converting them into Halloween scene dioramas to display. I'm using a combination of things, from polymer clay to paper and fabric scraps to natural things (moss, twigs, etc.).

Anyone else working on Autumn/Halloween crafts, or maybe have finished them already? Love some inspiration for more projects.   

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
24clark
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Welcome to the group. No holloween projects here mostly because we live in a rural area and no one would even see them. I have started on my Christmas gifts this week though. Can't wait for your pics of what you are working on!

powow65
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Aw! :)
After I finish 2 other crafts, I shall work on a skull scarf.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarahb21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Oh no. It's to early to even think about it for me. The kids aren't even back to school yet! I'll worry about it in the start of October.

angelbr
by Melissa on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:58 PM
The residents at my work are wanting to start making fall things. I found some stuff at dollar tree so they can make a small wreath!
PoisonEyeV
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I put together a couple of flower vases so far. Nothing special but I really like how they turned out.

lisairv
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Those are really pretty!

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I put together a couple of flower vases so far. Nothing special but I really like how they turned out.

PandTsmomjuly
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 4:30 AM

I'm trying to figure out my kids' costumes. It gets cold here so I decided to crochet them this year. Absolutely no idea what to do yet, lol.

AriannasMommy84
by Crystal on Aug. 15, 2014 at 4:46 AM
We don't do Halloween...so none of that, but I may make a fall wreath for our door or something.
Ruthzaad
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 7:23 AM
I started my Halloween costumes in June because I'm getting married October 4th so my days have been busy. Plus we are moving before the end of this month. I haven't been able to start on decorating yet but I'm almost done with my costume, all I need to do is make my vest (I'm going to be a pirate). For the decorations I plan to use a lot of glow in the dark things in our yard because it's more in the country. I'm also making simple costumes for our 4 horses. My girls get their unicorns lol and my boys get ghost horses. I looked on Pintrest and found so many great ideas for decorations. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I'm super excited to be in our new home for it this year :-)
PoisonEyeV
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Thank you very much! :)

Quoting lisairv:

Those are really pretty!

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN