Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some ideas! Random ones welcome!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:26 AM
  • 11 Replies
We are celebrating Christmas with my family this weekend because my parents live in AK and couldn't get here until now. I have a bunch of clear ball ornaments from Michael's and my nephews and nieces are going to fill them with various things to give to my parents. Last year they filled some with tinsel, leftover chunks of Garland, and my nephew even cut up colorful drinking straws and stuff the pieces into some. So this year I'm trying to think of other things they can put in these ornaments. Any ideas? Easily accessible and relatively inexpensive would be fantastic! Thanks!
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MikeyJr.sMom
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:58 PM

How about Beads, colorful strips of paper, fake snow, glitter, gems, sequins, buttons, pine needles?

Yellow_Lileigh
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:35 PM
Great ideas! Especially love the pine needles. Thanks!

Quoting MikeyJr.sMom:

How about Beads, colorful strips of paper, fake snow, glitter, gems, sequins, buttons, pine needles?

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Perler beads.  Get them off my floor and into someone else's house. :-)

Yellow_Lileigh
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM
Lol!

Quoting mybratsmom:

Perler beads.  Get them off my floor and into someone else's house. :-)

may8675309
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Pintrest has a lot of good ideas. Single servings of hot cocoa mix? Dried flower petals?
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

dye rice or sand or sugar to make ones kind of like sand art. I believe there are instructions on youtube.

Ribbons.

Paint.

Legos if there are any lying around?

Potpourii.

Yellow_Lileigh
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:46 PM
Definitely have some hot coco mix in the pantry :)

Quoting may8675309: Pintrest has a lot of good ideas. Single servings of hot cocoa mix? Dried flower petals?
Yellow_Lileigh
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:46 PM
I think my nephews would love the Legos idea...and we have more than enough lying around getting stepped on!

Quoting rhiannonaisling:

dye rice or sand or sugar to make ones kind of like sand art. I believe there are instructions on youtube.

Ribbons.

Paint.

Legos if there are any lying around?

Potpourii.

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

For the girls maybe have them do potpourii and then add ribbons using hot glue to the outside so that they are more decorative.

rosesink
by Member on Jan. 9, 2015 at 5:32 AM

You could use those little sponges (grow capsules)  that start out like a pill and then expand, it would be like a ship in a bottle

flowers

Quoting Yellow_Lileigh: We are celebrating Christmas with my family this weekend because my parents live in AK and couldn't get here until now. I have a bunch of clear ball ornaments from Michael's and my nephews and nieces are going to fill them with various things to give to my parents. Last year they filled some with tinsel, leftover chunks of Garland, and my nephew even cut up colorful drinking straws and stuff the pieces into some. So this year I'm trying to think of other things they can put in these ornaments. Any ideas? Easily accessible and relatively inexpensive would be fantastic! Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)