Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stamped Polymer Clay Hope Pendant. :)

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:35 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have been really wanting to try new crafts to see what all I really enjoy. So far I only really like crocheting and loom knitting, but aside from that I have discovered that I really enjoy working with clay.

I've made two batches of beads so far that I'm going to make into bracelets, and I've been working on pendants, the first one I made is my aboslute favorite. I had just bought the clay and this cute set of stamps and when I got home I got to work. One of my very first pendants was this Hope pendant. I really love how it's not a perfect rectangle, it just adds more charm to it in my opinion. I strung it on a suede cord and added a glitter heart bead that I have left over from buying some beads on clearance. The clasp for this necklace is a lobster clasp and I can't wait to make more. My sister has already requested two from me, one for her and the other for her daughter. So I should have those done tonight sometime and ready to be mailed by Thursday. :)

Anyway, here are a couple pictures of it:

Sorry for the darkness to the pictures, right when I got my stuff outside and set up for pictures the sun decided to go behind some clouds lol. Anyway, I brushed some metallic Silver Sterling acrylic paint over the entire pendant and rubbed off the excess to give it a nice shine and metal look. I can't wait to do more pendants like this one. Working with the clay and making jewellry out of it is addicting.. I'm already hooked and I haven't even been doing this a week yet, lol.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
may8675309
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:50 PM
I really like that. Is the clay expensive? I've thought about doing clay but haven't really researched the pricing of it all.
meggera007
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Thanks. :)

The brand I have isn't too bad. I bought a kit to try out for $10 and it came with 12 colors and two clay molding tools. All the colors except the black & white are 1 oz bars in this kit, the black & white are both 2 oz bars. The colors mix nicely to make other colors too. The brand I have is Sculpey III but it's one of the least expensive and it's not the best one to use from what I've read. I just really wanted to try working with clay to see if I'd like it so I opted for the cheapest I could find.

Lots of people really love Fimo, Premo, or Kato. I'm not sure how expensive the other brands are. I just have a Wal-Mart nearby and all they sell is kids modelling clay and the Sculpey clays so I haven't tried the other brands yet. But I think that Kato is the most expensive of them.

Quoting may8675309: I really like that. Is the clay expensive? I've thought about doing clay but haven't really researched the pricing of it all.

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Very awesome!

GirlWithANikon
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I really like it
meggera007
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Thanks ladies.

I hope that I'll be able to post more stuff soon, Maybe next it'll be some bracelets I've done with the beads I've made. I have so many ideas running through my head now. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)