Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need sewing help (sos!)

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

Mobile Photo

Hi everyone, I am new, hope Im asking in the right group.
I am sewing a dress for my daughter to dress up as Helen Keller for school so I have a pioneer type pattern.. Looked simple enough (ha.ha)
I really need help in understand part of the directions, im probably making it more difficult than it is.
Please help! And thank you for reading!!

by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Stillvnu
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Without seeing the finished dress ... I am assuming that you will stitch piece 2 and 3 at shoulders matching the notches ... baste the interfacing to each piece of #2 ... this will probably be for buttons and buttonholes in the finished project.  Then staystitch (just a line of stitching just inside the regular stitching line) ... after the staystitching is complete clip the seam allownance in a few places.

You probably have a dress piece that gathers to the bottom of that yoke unit. 

I hope that answers your question.

Have fun ... it will be a fun memory for you daughter!  Post a photo when you're done!  Good luck!

SissyMacK
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't know if this helps, but try to "read" the image here and forget the instructions.  That doesn't always work, but in this instance the illustration is very good. 

zboys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 8:06 PM

Dressing up as Helen Keller.  How fun!

MommaTasha1003
by on Mar. 19, 2015 at 2:17 AM
Tyvm ... The directions are very confusing, YouTube has been awesome.. Hoping I GET a finished product I can share lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)