Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DIY Fairy Party ideas wanted

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:41 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'm throwing a weekend fairy party for six young ladies. They range in age from 13 down to 7,some girly girls,some tomboys. We will be sleeping outside in tents,and outside is where we will be mostly.
My budget has been cut drastically and unexpectedly, so will have to make a lot of things from recycled items. So I'm looking for suggestions on costumes, food,and decorations as well as games/ activities. I have some ideas but need more. Thanks everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gypsy60
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:43 PM
Forgot to say it will be me and 3-5 other elder fairies corralling these little fairies in training.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Colored panty hose or knee highs, wire hangers, thin elastic, and glitter glue make wonderful wings for not much per child.
Gypsy60
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:11 PM
Thank you. I've been looking at this idea,Will be picking up some pantyhose to try it.

Quoting rhiannonaisling: Colored panty hose or knee highs, wire hangers, thin elastic, and glitter glue make wonderful wings for not much per child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liebschin
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:13 PM
Cupcakes, especially small ones, are called fairy cakes. Decorate with glittery icing or sprinkles.
Gypsy60
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:16 PM
Thanks. I have some tiny silicone cake molds. Thinking of using those and coloring white cake mix so all are different colored inside.

Quoting Liebschin: Cupcakes, especially small ones, are called fairy cakes. Decorate with glittery icing or sprinkles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Apr. 6, 2015 at 12:07 AM
Add edible glitter or pearls inside, too. There are diys for it or you can find it at Amazon.com, Michael's, etc.

Quoting Gypsy60: Thanks. I have some tiny silicone cake molds. Thinking of using those and coloring white cake mix so all are different colored inside.

Quoting Liebschin: Cupcakes, especially small ones, are called fairy cakes. Decorate with glittery icing or sprinkles.
rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Apr. 6, 2015 at 12:24 AM
http://amusingfeed.com/tag/mason/

This one and the next one are fairy jar ideas.

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Apr. 6, 2015 at 12:25 AM
http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/59195/glowing-sensory-bottle-for-bedtime

Though I'd get plastic fairies to use with this And put it in a mason jar.
Gypsy60
by Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 1:05 AM
I've seen similar before but I love this one,with the hair jel.The stars are a wonderful addition. No fairies in a jar for our family though,as we believe in them and the thought of a caged one would just be wrong. But I might paint a picture of one on the outside.

Quoting rhiannonaisling: http://kidsactivitiesblog.com/59195/glowing-sensory-bottle-for-bedtime

Though I'd get plastic fairies to use with this And put it in a mason jar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gypsy60
by Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 1:07 AM
Now that I hadn't thought of! Have some edible hearts/stars that would be perfect.

Quoting rhiannonaisling: Add edible glitter or pearls inside, too. There are diys for it or you can find it at Amazon.com, Michael's, etc.

Quoting Gypsy60: Thanks. I have some tiny silicone cake molds. Thinking of using those and coloring white cake mix so all are different colored inside.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)