Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to get it together!

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:33 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 190 Total Views

Ok, so I am a mother of 2 boys a toddler and a 4 month old. Ive been going to school off and on since 2004 and recently changed my major to Business Administration with a Marketing focus and I take classes online. I dont work right now but I'm starting a small business with my friends. My fiance works almost all day everyday. I do all the housework as well as take care of the kids and boy is it a full time job and try to get some school work in. I get so side tracked and wrapped up in the house and kids that I dont put my school work near  the top of the list (nor my business) and I cant seem to find the time or focus to read and study to get better grades on my assignments. I dont want to just wing college I want to be successful and finally finish but its hard finding my focus. I live in a small town now and there are only so many daycares and there are no open slots for my kids, even for a couple of hours per week. My mother takes care of my neice almost every day and cant handle all the kids all at once and just isnt available for me and my in laws dont speak to me and refuse to be a major part of my kids lives. So, its me. I ove my kids and being able to be with them but I need some me time for school and some. Well I cant completely change my situation and it is what it is. So does anyone else have any suggestions on organizinf my time for school and home? Anybody else share the same situation? Ive never been a stat at home mom till recently in November right before I had my 2nd son, and this small town no resources thing is new to me. PLEASE HELP!!

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Dee24997
by Group Owner on Apr. 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Well my kids are a little older but when I'm trying to complete my online coursework I tend to put the wii on for the kids. Lol. It's my cheat tactic. It keeps them quiet and allows me to steal some time to hurry and do some work. I usually wait until early morning when my brain is also more refreshed. My kids are 6 and 5 btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniBellL85
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:04 AM

The first thing I have had to adjust to is not having a clean house, I get just the basic done and my husband has to step up every now and then (he works long hours too).  The second thing as much as it sucks I have adjusted to even less sleep while telling myself over and over again the faster I get it done the sooner I am done with school lol  when times get desperate I also hand my son video games or let him watch cartoons.  I can get work done faster when he is busy which allows me more time with him at the end of the day.  Good luck and just know that it is possible!  Good job on not giving up, it shows how strong you really are!

MamaSultana
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Hi! I am in the same boat as you. I'm taking online classes and my 2 year old is home with me all day. I find waking up early and doing some homework then helps and in the evenings when my husband comes home. I know it's extremely tough and at times I wan't to just give up but keep at it and before you know we'll be done with school. That's the way i always look at it. I look at my son and I'm just shocked that he's 2 now. I hope this helps!

jadedcynic
by on May. 29, 2012 at 3:29 AM

I tend to do my school work late at night, when they are in bed. It gives me quiet time to focus on my studies.

CByxbe
by Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:22 PM
I work 50 hours a week, go to school full time online, have a two year old and a second on the way due in aug. before I would do homework during nap time and then stay up late and wake up early and do homework then as well housework always gets up on the back burner but I old hav emy son either help me, do it why he watched a show, or take time from homework to do it. Noe that I am pregnant I am struggling because I cannot stay up late, cannot get up early, and nap time I am beat! I try and get done what I can when I can and stress myself out during it! Good luck and my best advice is caffenie, late nights, and trial and error on a routine that works for you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)