Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Second Farm

Posted by (Group Owner) on May. 26, 2011 at 12:01 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 688 Total Views
1 mom liked this

** This post will be updated as more information becomes available **

To purchase your second farm, go to the Market & click "Development".

Choose "Farm #2" for 20 gems.

From your first farm, you will see on the left side of your screen a small farm icon above the "+" and "-" buttons. Click on the box to access/see your new farm. 

Your second farm will show up as a 12 x 12 farm, the same size as the original farm when you started the game.  It will be attached to the upper lefthand corner of your first farm.

As you switch between farms, the game will show your farms as ready to harvest, even if they aren't, until the farm you are moving to has completely loaded. You will also notice that your "ground" turns a pale shade of green when you click the "switch farms" button.  The pale green ground is your choice cursor to choose the farm you want to be on. You can use your tool shovel to move the "cursor" to the farm you want to work on, then click once & that farm will load.

Your task bar will work the same way on your Second Farm as it does on your first farm.  You can create planting plots & ponds, expand your farm with coins or gems and use the Market to buy things for your Second Farm the same way you do on your first farm.

Activities completed on the Second Farm will also count toward your crafts. So, if you catch butterflies or harvest strawberries, etc., those activities will count toward your crafts if you need them to complete a craft.

You can also earn XP on your Second Farm from people watering your crops. Crops planted on your Second Farm can be processed in the factories on your First Farm, so you don't have to buy two of everything.

You can purchase items (buildings, construction sites, decorations & animals) to place on your new farm, plus you can use items from your current storage and/or you can move items from your First Farm onto your Second Farm. To move items from your First Farm to your Second Farm, click on the blue arrow cross on your task bar right after you click on the box that transfers you between your farms (while the farm still has the pale green ground). 

You can visit your neighbors' Second Farms by going to their First Farm, then clicking the new land icon on the left side of the page. When visiting, you can also water their crops & click on any constructions on their Second Farm.

by on May. 26, 2011 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
anng.atlanta
by on May. 26, 2011 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

When you are on Farm # 1 with everything looking like it's ready to be harvested, you can click on the blue arrow thing and move items from one farm to another and back.  Yay for not having to buy more farm machinery!

mom2aspclboy Group Owner
by on May. 26, 2011 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting anng.atlanta:

When you are on Farm # 1 with everything looking like it's ready to be harvested, you can click on the blue arrow thing and move items from one farm to another and back.  Yay for not having to buy more farm machinery!

Cool, thank you! That blue arrow thing was NOT on my farm when I created this post.

I really wish they'd put all the bits & pieces together at once instead of doling them out bit by bit....sigh.

Jambo4
by on May. 26, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Quoting anng.atlanta:

Cool, thank you! That blue arrow thing was NOT on my farm when I created this post.

I really wish they'd put all the bits & pieces together at once instead of doling them out bit by bit....sigh.

I was wondering about that.  Now if you harvest stuff on your second farm and don't have a factory there, does it send it to your first farm?

mom2aspclboy Group Owner
by on May. 26, 2011 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jambo4:

I was wondering about that.  Now if you harvest stuff on your second farm and don't have a factory there, does it send it to your first farm?

Yes, it will send it to your factory wherever it is.  I did it this morning with some strawberries to see if it would work, and it did.

Jambo4
by on May. 26, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Quoting Jambo4:

Yes, it will send it to your factory wherever it is.  I did it this morning with some strawberries to see if it would work, and it did.

How funny... I planted a few strawberries just to experiment too.

Now.. if I send my harvesters out, they won't jump farms, right?  They will stay at one farm until I move them over, right? 

mom2aspclboy Group Owner
by on May. 26, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Quoting Jambo4:

How funny... I planted a few strawberries just to experiment too.

Now.. if I send my harvesters out, they won't jump farms, right?  They will stay at one farm until I move them over, right? 

GMTA :D

As far as I can tell, no, they won't jump farms, you have to either move them each time you want to use them or buy a second set.  It's supposed to be a second farm, not really an extension of your first farm, kwim?

Apatosaurus
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I like having two farms! twice as much to get gems!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN